Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free agent QB's

Default Free agent QB's

I think it would personally benefit us if we picked up a qb in free agency even if we draft a qb in the first round. I'm just throwing around names but I was thinking we pick up sanchez or vick. I know they prolly wouldn't be the answer but its at least intelligent to have a veteran help guide our drafted qb incase hes not game ready. Even tho it won't prevent a bust, it sure raises our chances of developing a true franchise qb. I do not believe the qb's we have now would in no way benefit a rookie qb because they themselves haven't learned how to win. I would even like it if the chiefs could pull a trade for phillip rivers seeing as how the chargers are heading into a rebuilding faze themselves, although I know that would be highly unlikley.

Quote Originally Posted by lordchillz View Post
    I think it would personally benefit us if we picked up a qb in free agency even if we draft a qb in the first round. I'm just throwing around names but I was thinking we pick up sanchez or vick. I know they prolly wouldn't be the answer but its at least intelligent to have a veteran help guide our drafted qb incase hes not game ready. Even tho it won't prevent a bust, it sure raises our chances of developing a true franchise qb. I do not believe the qb's we have now would in no way benefit a rookie qb because they themselves haven't learned how to win. I would even like it if the chiefs could pull a trade for phillip rivers seeing as how the chargers are heading into a rebuilding faze themselves, although I know that would be highly unlikley.
    No way in Flipping H E double hockey sticks on Vick. He is to old, Turned the ball over more than Cassel and likes to kill dogs in cruel ways in which I will never ever forget regardless of what time or punishment he may have served.

I personally think Rivers was always over rated and as members left that organization his stats dropped and dropped. He has turned into a classic Choke Artist and I hate his attitude and Horn Like eyebrows when he is whinning.

I think Sanchez is mentally broken just as Cassel is, maybe as a back up but if you are saying to lead this team. No thanks.

Now, I wouldn't argue with Alex Smith. He can compete with who ever we draft as our starter. Maybe give the draftee a year or two to develop as an NFL Qb.

Like I said, I was just tossing out some names, but I can agree with alex smith too! I was just thinking regardless of who we draft, we should also pick up a veteran qb to help our new qb with a smooth transition. I just don't see any qb's in this draft coming in and making an impact like last years class. Even if we pick up a veteran for backup, just don't leave ourselves with no depth or leadership. Thats been our problem in alot of our positions for a long time now.

Alex smith i wouldnt mind at all. His problem was to many cordinators. Dont think he ever got comfortable in a system and it stunned his growth. If we get smith i think we could wait til second round to grab a qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    No way in Flipping H E double hockey sticks on Vick. He is to old, Turned the ball over more than Cassel and likes to kill dogs in cruel ways in which I will never ever forget regardless of what time or punishment he may have served.

I personally think Rivers was always over rated and as members left that organization his stats dropped and dropped. He has turned into a classic Choke Artist and I hate his attitude and Horn Like eyebrows when he is whinning.

I think Sanchez is mentally broken just as Cassel is, maybe as a back up but if you are saying to lead this team. No thanks.

Now, I wouldn't argue with Alex Smith. He can compete with who ever we draft as our starter. Maybe give the draftee a year or two to develop as an NFL Qb.
    Matt Moore? Also I think we could strike a deal with Washington for Kirk cousins. He looked pretty good and to gone in the game get a TD and a two point conversion with less than 30 seconds left is clutch especially when it's your first action of the day.

Just say no to the butt fumble.

The Sanchize is terrible. I'd rather keep Quinn as the backup if the choice was between them.

Alex Smith I'd be okay with. I doubt he'd want to come here. The writing would already be on the wall if we drafted a QB #1. I think he wants more stability to his status as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperbag Face View Post
    Just say no to the butt fumble.

The Sanchize is terrible. I'd rather keep Quinn as the backup if the choice was between them.

Alex Smith I'd be okay with. I doubt he'd want to come here. The writing would already be on the wall if we drafted a QB #1. I think he wants more stability to his status as a starter.

SCREW THE FREE AGENTS OUT THERE. ALL OF THEM ARE THE NEXT CASSELL,SCOTT MITCHELL IN THE MAKING. I SAY DRAFT TWO QB'S IN THE EARLY ROUNDS DONT CARE WHO OR WHERE GET SOME ACTUAL TALENT AT THE POSITION ON THIS TEAM. IF IT DONT WORK OUT DRAFT ANOTHER ONE NEXT YEAR AND THE YEAR AFTER . OBVIOUSLY TAKING OTHER TEAMS HAND ME DOWNS DOESN'T GET YOU CHAMPIONSHIPS. FEEL THE OTHER POSITIONS WITH FREE AGENCY I AM SICK OF K.C HAVING LATE ROUND PICKS OR SCRAPS FOR A QB

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by lordchillz View Post

Sanchez is worse than Cassel and I have no idea why people still want Vick , he cant outrun most anymore and never was must of a passer. They both suck.
    A. Smith or Moore would be okay. Not alot out there from what little i know about.
    Getting Cousins IF he keeps looking good would be alright too.

I would be very happy to trade for Cousins, and bring I'm a backup then use our picks for other positions we need help at.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Matt Hasselbeck may be let go so that Locker doesn't have to look over his shoulders. If that happens, I wouldn't mind him as our veteran insurance/leadership/backup plan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast