Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marty ball

Default Marty ball

Marty needs to return to arrowhead with open arms if this happens. (Reunited and it feels so good)

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Right now, i wish we had the problem of getting there but not being able to win more than 3 out of 10. I'm tired of the season being over in October.
    You got that right! The last 8 years have been painful to watch.

You're nuts. Under Marty, the question was always; how far will we go in the playoffs, and will we go 8-0 in our division. Not, will we break .500, and can we win a home game.
    Under Marty, That was ages ago... The guy is not even in the league anymore. He just got done coaching an arena team and he had to go out and get Montana to help his offense score.

The game has changed from the Marty Ball type of NFL to a don't touch the QB or WR without getting flagged type of league. Marty Ball today would get torched and it did under Herm and kind of behind Creneel.

Stop living in the ancient past and live in the now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Under Marty, That was ages ago... The guy is not even in the league anymore. He just got done coaching an arena team and he had to go out and get Montana to help his offense score.

The game has changed from the Marty Ball type of NFL to a don't touch the QB or WR without getting flagged type of league. Marty Ball today would get torched and it did under Herm and kind of behind Creneel.

Stop living in the ancient past and live in the now.
    Didn't say Marty was going to come back and coach, but he's a good football man and can help the Hunts make the right decision. Living in the ancient past and live in the now???? Are you F'n kidding, have you seen the chiefs offense the past 2 years. Charles right, charles left. You don't want marty ball, but you think this BS's ok? All I'm saying is you stick with people that are winners and dump those that are losers. We now have a whole front office of losers. I'd take a proven winner over any of these clowns any day!

I dunno if Marty can still "Git-r-done!" but I do know that right now we need a new GM and a new coach and I would have no problems with Marty coming back. Same applies to DV.

Didn't say Marty was going to come back and coach, but he's a good football man and can help the Hunts make the right decision. Living in the ancient past and live in the now???? Are you F'n kidding, have you seen the chiefs offense the past 2 years. Charles right, charles left. You don't want marty ball, but you think this BS's ok? All I'm saying is you stick with people that are winners and dump those that are losers. We now have a whole front office of losers. I'd take a proven winner over any of these clowns any day!
    Where did I say anything supporting the current regime. Crennel plays the same style of football as Marty did. Relying on the defense to bend but don't break and keeping things close on the offense by running the ball waiting for the other team to make a mistake and it is failing miserably which is my argument against Marty Ball... The game has changed since Marty coached in the favor of the QB who throws a lot. You are supporting Marty for something he did years and years ago and making assumptions that because he was good year and years ago, that he will be good at a game that has changed in a role that He has never done.

No Thank you! I would prefer someone younger who will stay a while longer instead of retiring in three years simply becasue of age. Someone younger who is not set on playing the game the only way they know how.

Where did I say anything supporting the current regime. Crennel plays the same style of football as Marty did. Relying on the defense to bend but don't break and keeping things close on the offense by running the ball waiting for the other team to make a mistake and it is failing miserably which is my argument against Marty Ball... The game has changed since Marty coached in the favor of the QB who throws a lot. You are supporting Marty for something he did years and years ago and making assumptions that because he was good year and years ago, that he will be good at a game that has changed in a role that He has never done.

No Thank you! I would prefer someone younger who will stay a while longer instead of retiring in three years simply becasue of age. Someone younger who is not set on playing the game the only way they know how.
    Again, and I'm tired of saying it, I didn't say anyting about marty being our head coach. You can keep putting words in my mouth, but it doesn't make it fact. Marty is a good football mind, and can help the Hunt's make a better decision than they made with the Pioli Hire. he has a ton of NFL experience and is obvioulsy better at it than anybody we've had in a long time. I hope he's been consulted. And frankly I don't care if you like him or not.

Didn't Mary start loosening up to the pass alot in San Diego ? Thought they threw the ball w/ success there before he was fired , which was because the owner did not think he could win in the playoffs so he went w/ the man they are gonna run off probably monday , for not winning or getting to the playoffs.

Again, and I'm tired of saying it, I didn't say anyting about marty being our head coach. You can keep putting words in my mouth, but it doesn't make it fact. Marty is a good football mind, and can help the Hunt's make a better decision than they made with the Pioli Hire. he has a ton of NFL experience and is obvioulsy better at it than anybody we've had in a long time. I hope he's been consulted. And frankly I don't care if you like him or not.
    I am tired of you thinking I am saying it. Where did I say anything about Marty being our HC. Other than applying that Marty Ball is obsolete by stating that style of football has proven to fail with Herm and Crennel.

I am opposed to Marty's Style of Football. I don't want him bringing in the type of talent that fits Marty Ball when the Game has changed. I don't want a coach that believes in Marty Ball and thinks they can beat a team like Denver with Great Defense when Marty Ball style of football is handicapped with rules favoring a prolific passing game.

Fact of the Matter, until the Chiefs went out and got Montana. Marty Ball had no offense. It was all defense. That style of football does not cut it in the NFL and I don't think his philosophy will work in the NFL today. It did years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12