Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Case For Geno Smith

Default The Case For Geno Smith

I'd encourage everyone to read this article. It contains several examples of why the author feels that Smith is the best QB in the draft.

The case for Geno Smith: This is why the Chiefs will select him No. 1 overall - Arrowhead Pride

the problem w/all of that is that is built on the assumption that geno is head and shoulders above all other QBs when in fact he is only slightly[and even that is debateable] better than the next 4 QBs who would be available in to the 2nd round.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    the problem w/all of that is that is built on the assumption that geno is head and shoulders above all other QBs when in fact he is only slightly[and even that is debateable] better than the next 4 QBs who would be available in to the 2nd round.
    I can almost guarantee you at least 3 (maybe 4) QBs go in the 1st round.

so you got us, bills, and jags atleast in the top 10 going for a QB.

the margin between wilson, smith, and barkley is a small margin. i can see all 3 booming or busting, with barkley honestly being the surest 1 out of the 3 to turn into a starting caliber QB. he reminds me of matt ryan.

So bills will be drafting 8th. Chan gailey likes mobile QB's and bills have come out and said they will be aggressive for a QB. Why not trade them 1st and take their 2nd or another 1st (similar to redskins trade last year) Then we would be sitting around 8th pick can still get 1 of the 3 QB's and also potentially have another high 2nd round pick where we could get a WR and LB in the 2nd rnd. Or potentially have 2 1st's the next year or 2.

I say we trade number one to buffalo, for their 1 and 2, then we trade their 2 and our 3 to Wasgington for Cousins. Then we still have a pick in the top 10, a qb with a lot of potential, and upside that has at least 1 nfl start under his belt, and we keep our high 3nd round pick.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I say we trade number one to buffalo, for their 1 and 2, then we trade their 2 and our 3 to Wasgington for Cousins. Then we still have a pick in the top 10, a qb with a lot of potential, and upside that has at least 1 nfl start under his belt, and we keep our high 3nd round pick.
    I doubt this scenario ever plays out. Interesting thoughts though.

I say draft Geno for now. Unless something changes dramatically at the combine. I rather go with an accurate and mobile QB with a strong arm. The type of QB the Chiefs have not had. Look at what Kaepernicks doing in S.F.
    Last edited by 2010chiefs; 12-21-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I say draft Geno for now. Unless something changes dramatically at the combine. I rather go with an accurate and mobile QB with a strong arm. The type of QB the Chiefs have not had. Look at what Kaepernicks doing in S.F.
    SF has Baalke and Harbaugh. We have Pioli and Crennel.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    so you got us, bills, and jags atleast in the top 10 going for a QB.

the margin between wilson, smith, and barkley is a small margin. i can see all 3 booming or busting, with barkley honestly being the surest 1 out of the 3 to turn into a starting caliber QB. he reminds me of matt ryan.

So bills will be drafting 8th. Chan gailey likes mobile QB's and bills have come out and said they will be aggressive for a QB. Why not trade them 1st and take their 2nd or another 1st (similar to redskins trade last year) Then we would be sitting around 8th pick can still get 1 of the 3 QB's and also potentially have another high 2nd round pick where we could get a WR and LB in the 2nd rnd. Or potentially have 2 1st's the next year or 2.

Barkley has all the makings of Matt or Ryan leaf..and get hurt...I'm glad since we wont take him.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I have no issues with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast