Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking one player could have made all the difference!

Default Thinking one player could have made all the difference!

TONY GONZALES! Anyone agree pioli getting rid of him was our biggest mistake ever? He's a go to guy anytime you need those first down yards and we just gave him away. If only we still had him things would look way different

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Has to be one of the bigger disappointments in the nfl. I still think Clark gives him one more year though.

Based on what? Clark either has to extend his contract or fire him at the end of this year.

Did you guys see in the first half - play action pass - and the entire oline falls back - when they are trying to sell the run? C'mon - this team needs coaching and management first and foremost.
    SHUT IT

If we hadn't traded Tony, he would be retired by now, or he would have left when his contract was up. He didn't want to stick around for another rebuild. He made that very clear. He is likely retiring after this season (per his own statements) and he has ony stuck around because of the prospect of getting to a SB. Why would he have stuck around in KC?

I would love to have had him, but we have much bigger problems. Defenses would have just double covered tony and then who would we get the ball to? Bowe who is injured?

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Based on what? Clark either he has to extend his contract or fire him at the end of this year.
    No he doesn't. There is still a year on his contract it was a five year deal not four. Scott has made Clark a lot of money we can all say we want but this is still a business and you go into business to make money. Do I want him gone yes but I really think Clark gives him one more chance. The other owners voice their displeasure with what's going in if expectations aren't met. They will use Romeo's health as a scapegoat and then the whole belcher thing.

Tony, as great as he is, could not have helped this failed coaching staff win a duck pond game. I hope Tony get's his Superbowl ring this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    TONY GONZALES! Anyone agree pioli getting rid of him was our biggest mistake ever? He's a go to guy anytime you need those first down yards and we just gave him away. If only we still had him things would look way different
    I do want to point out that Tony G. started all of the Trade me talk before Pioli was even here because he knew the team was in a rebuild and wanted to play for a playoff caliber team.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    No he doesn't. There is still a year on his contract it was a five year deal not four. Scott has made Clark a lot of money we can all say we want but this is still a business and you go into business to make money. Do I want him gone yes but I really think Clark gives him one more chance. The other owners voice their displeasure with what's going in if expectations aren't met. They will use Romeo's health as a scapegoat and then the whole belcher thing.

Owners never want to go into the last year of a contract with a general manager, he will either be extended or fired, take your pick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12