Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Default Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Reflects the fact that indeed we do have talent, and it is widely recognized.

Charles, Hali, Johnson, Berry and Colquitt.
    Only three other AFC teams with more representatives.

All deserving IMO. Comments?

My only comment is that its never good to have a punter on the all pro roster. A record for punts inside the twenty. Not a good reflection on our offence.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm not as down with Pioli for the talent he has brought then the coaching he has brought.

Bad coaching hurts players. And that's even more when those players are young.

Tyson Jackson is a example of this. I saw him start playing MUCH better shortly after Romeo fired himself as DC. He got a sack in 3 stright games. Where did that come from? Maybe Gibbs found something that Romeo didn't to bring that out of him

So much talk about the QBs this year. I say that's anther case of the coaching. Even Matt Cassel has played better then what he did this season. I no some want to try to make excuses for that but IT HAPPENED. He was hurt by this horrid coaching staff as well. Do I want him back as the QB no but Romeo is more to blame for 2-13 then anyone else. ANd Pioli is the one that gave Romeo the job. That's why I'm down on Pioli. He has brought far more talent then there was 4 years ago he just hasn't done the other half of his job and got the coach for that talent. Haley was an ok coach not good. Romeo is a bad head coach the game has past him by. That's why Pioli should be worried for his job. Half the job isn't going to get it done.
    This is pretty much how I feel. Pioli whiffed twice on hiring the right coach. He needs one more chance to get it right. You can't just keep chasing off General Managers. His other big mistake has been the handling of the QB position. I think Pioli would freely admit that. I think you will see at least 2 fresh faces at QB on this roster next summer and a new starter.

Getting back to the topic, Dwayne Bowe is a Pro-Bowl caliber player that didn't have a Pro-Bowl year. That makes 9 legitimate players that have Pro-bowl talent. We have talent, but we need COACHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    If the next guy comes in and has 1 playoff appearance in 4 years and that's it are we gonna run him out too? A neverending cycle of this would be stupid. Everyone is very shortsighted.

This is a team many analysts predicted would win the AFCW OVER PEYTON MANNING. We had the unfortunate circumstances of poor coaching (which I know is Pioli's fault). But do we start over b/c of that?
    If they are even worse than this after that time period then absolutely you do. You don't just stick with someone for the sake of sticking with them in hopes they don't suck as bad as their record states.

Keep in mind the tenure of your previous GMs. WE held on to them much too long. Especially Steadman. Pioli is a abberation. (sp?)

Hopefully the next GM won't be another lost cause and I have to believe that Clark will pick much better this time.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Well pioli could have screwed the chiefs much like Carolina was screwed by the ridiculous contracts that were give on that team. Like I have said it is a business and making someone millions upon millions goes a long way. I dont want to start over I'm sick of starting over.
    We have never had to do this at GM before man. We usually give the GMs forever and half before they leave.

You are referring to the coaching carousel here. Yeah, I'm sick of that too. But Romeo is by far the worse HC we have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This is pretty much how I feel. Pioli whiffed twice on hiring the right coach. He needs one more chance to get it right. You can't just keep chasing off General Managers. His other big mistake has been the handling of the QB position. I think Pioli would freely admit that. I think you will see at least 2 fresh faces at QB on this roster next summer and a new starter.

Getting back to the topic, Dwayne Bowe is a Pro-Bowl caliber player that didn't have a Pro-Bowl year. That makes 9 legitimate players that have Pro-bowl talent. We have talent, but we need COACHING!
    Pioli still believes Matt CAssel can win in this league. He is on record this year with that. No way will he admit he is wrong about his handling of the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No he hasn't, he was rated one of the worst 3/4 DE in the league this year.

It was a bad pick. Period.

Now let's all watch Josh Freeman highligh clips and wonder what could have been.
    Or we could watch the last 2 games he played....8 ints i think ( i don't know if you were using sarcasm or not, but he is better then cassel)

Brandon Flowers and Justin Houston are next in line if any of the current AFC OLBs or CBs can't make the game. If the Borncos make the Super Bowl both Flowers & Houston will be in the Pro Bowl. If either Houstan or Indy make the super bowl 1 of the 2 will make the pro bowl along with the 5 chiefs that are already in.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456