Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to the 5 Chiefs Players that made the Pro Bowl

Default Congrats to the 5 Chiefs Players that made the Pro Bowl

Jamaal Charles, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Eric Berry, and Dustin Colquitt.

I am most surprised about Eric Berry, but he has stepped itup the last half of the season. Kinda surprised about Hali over Houston, since I think Houston had more sacks, but I wouldnt be surprised if Houston is an alternate.

It is sad that we have more PLAYERS in the probowl than WINS. I think that says enough about the coaching staff that Hunt should make the right decision on Monday morning. Too bad I will be camping and wont get to hear the news!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    This is part of the reason I think Pioli should stay. There's talent on the roster, and even guys like Albert, Flowers, and Houston could have made it.

He just has to get the right coach in there.
    Why should he stay? He only drafted Berry, and I have no idea how he is going to the pro bowl. A 50 year old Antonio Gates killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Why should he stay? He only drafted Berry, and I have no idea how he is going to the pro bowl. A 50 year old Antonio Gates killed him.
    He did sign the other 4 to lock them up at far from top dollar though. Retained core talent for "cheap."

Berry has been noticeably hampered by his knee early, but has played much better as the season wore on.

And none of those 4 were studs until about their 3rd season (or later). Tyson Jackson has continued to improve every year and far from a bust (unlike many in that first round 2009 draft class). Javier Arenas has also gotten better every week. Remember when Brandon Carr was considered a liability? I can see Arenas becoming a solid CB in the next couple years. Kendrick Kewis is a solid 5th round starter that has battled injuries, and Poe has played very solid for a rookie. The offensive line is also one of the deepest on the league. We've not had Hudson all season and Albert has been injured, but they've held up well aside from the Raiders game...for some reason the Raiders always whoop us up front for the last couple seasons.

There's talent on this roster. They're just horribly coached and the QB position continues to be a big hole.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-27-2012 at 04:02 PM.

He did sign the other 4 to lock them up at far from top dollar though. Retained core talent for "cheap."

Berry has been noticeably hampered by his knee early, but has played much better as the season wore on.

And none of those 4 were studs until about their 3rd season (or later). Tyson Jackson has continued to improve every year and far from a bust (unlike many in that first round 2009 draft class). Javier Arenas has also gotten better every week. Remember when Brandon Carr was considered a liability? I can see Arenas becoming a solid CB in the next couple years. Kendrick Kewis is a solid 5th round starter that has battled injuries, and Poe has played very solid for a rookie. The offensive line is also one of the deepest on the league. We've not had Hudson all season and Albert has been injured, but they've held up well aside from the Raiders game...for some reason the Raiders always whoop us up front for the last couple seasons.

There's talent on this roster. They're just horribly coached and the QB position continues to be a big hole.
    I hope you are right. I hope that he can get a coach and find a QB that can at least not turn the ball over.

I think you are mistaken, all the Pioli regime has done is beat up on scrub teams. Arenas and Brown as corners? Who knows.

Tyson Jackson has had a bad year in 2012, we drafted him third and are also paying him 8 million dollars a year.

I remain confused about where this talent is, WR? QB? TE? RB? I will repeat myself and say this is the worst offense in the entire league, the d most notable our cb are questionable.

We have major holes to fill, and that includes the gm and an entirely new coaching staff.

1 win in 4 years against a 10-win or better team.

3 wins in 4 years against a 9-win or better team.

20 wins against 8-8 teams or worse - 11 of those wins against teams with 6 wins or less.

So the "Executive of the Decade" was responsible for 5.75 wins per year, and we should consider ourselves lucky we "earned" that many.

A team with talent really should have more wins, especially in a weaker division.

In this era of parity in the NFL, a team with this much "talent" would be winning more than 5.75 games per year. Even without a QB and HC.

Folks say that Mark Sanchez is a POS, and that we have more talent than the Jets. The same Jets that have won 34 games in the last 4 years. 11 more than the Chiefs.

Buffalo has crap for talent and has 2 fewer wins in that timespan, and they actually had a tough division with the exception of this year, Jax has one fewer win, Miami has 4 MORE wins.

I took some of that from another board but I feel like it needed to be said, coaching and qb aren't THE problem, they are part of the problem.

Thank you Scott Pioli for assembling the worst offense I have ever seen. I just dont understand how you are somewhat encouraged by this awful offense, Pioli has done a solid job (not great) on the defensive side of the ball, but the offense has just been absolutely awful.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-28-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I think you are mistaken, all the Pioli regime has done is beat up on scrub teams. Arenas and Brown as corners? Who knows.

Tyson Jackson has had a bad year in 2012, we drafted him third and are also paying him 8 million dollars a year.

I remain confused about where this talent is, WR? QB? TE? RB? I will repeat myself and say this is the worst offense in the entire league, the d most notable our cb are questionable.

We have major holes to fill, and that includes the gm and an entirely new coaching staff.

20 wins against 8-8 teams or worse - 11 of those wins against teams with 6 wins or less.

So the "Executive of the Decade" was responsible for 5.75 wins per year, and we should consider ourselves lucky we "earned" that many.

A team with talent really should have more wins, especially in a weaker division.

In this era of parity in the NFL, a team with this much "talent" would be winning more than 5.75 games per year. Even without a QB and HC.

Folks say that Mark Sanchez is a POS, and that we have more talent than the Jets. The same Jets that have won 34 games in the last 4 years. 11 more than the Chiefs.

Buffalo has crap for talent and has 2 fewer wins in that timespan, and they actually had a tough division with the exception of this year, Jax has one fewer win, Miami has 4 MORE wins.

I took some of that from another board but I feel like it needed to be said, coaching and qb aren't THE problem, they are part of the problem.

Thank you Scott Pioli for assembling the worst offense I have ever seen. I just dont understand how you are somewhat encouraged by this awful offense, Pioli has done a solid job (not great) on the defensive side of the ball, but the offense has just been absolutely awful.
    Pioli has added talent to the offense that talent is just not being used right or at all.

Mccluster has been much better out of the backfield he is averageing 5.8 YPC but only has 12 carries Mccluster also is the 2nd leading WR (not bad for a guy who "Won't play") with nearly 500 yards receiving that's not bad he's just not being used as he should be enough. That's coaching

Breaston come on do you really think Copper and Newsome "understand the offense" better? For whatever the reason they just won't play him. That's coaching.

And the O line while still not great has been much better then it was the past few years.

There's also the injury factor of Boss and Moaki. Moaki was just starting to play better before he took that blow to the head. There's not much a gm can do for that.

Baldwin I grant has been a bust so far. But I will give him a little bit as long as we hire a GOOD HEAD COACH. To see what he can do with a actual head coach and an OC something he hasn't had so far

Now if you want to say Pioli has had chances to hire a good head coach and should be gone because of that I have no issue with it. But IMO he has added talent to this team just not the coach. That's why he will get fired if he does. He just hasn't found a good coach.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Pioli has added talent to the offense that talent is just not being used right or at all.

Mccluster has been much better out of the backfield he is averageing 5.8 YPC but only has 12 carries Mccluster also is the 2nd leading WR (not bad for a guy who "Won't play") with nearly 500 yards receiving that's not bad he's just not being used as he should be enough. That's coaching

Breaston come on do you really think Copper and Newsome "understand the offense" better? For whatever the reason they just won't play him. That's coaching.

And the O line while still not great has been much better then it was the past few years.

There's also the injury factor of Boss and Moaki. Moaki was just starting to play better before he took that blow to the head. There's not much a gm can do for that.

Baldwin I grant has been a bust so far. But I will give him a little bit as long as we hire a GOOD HEAD COACH. To see what he can do with a actual head coach and an OC something he hasn't had so far

Now if you want to say Pioli has had chances to hire a good head coach and should be gone because of that I have no issue with it. But IMO he has added talent to this team just not the coach. That's why he will get fired if he does. He just hasn't found a good coach.

That is exactly right, the biggest offensive weapon you can name is a guy who has 447 receiving yards this year and is second on the team in that category, that just shows what a dismal offense Scott Pioli has created. He also has 1 whole touchdown.

He added some talent to the defense, not the offense. He will get fired because his lack of offseason FA moves, lack of depth in just about every position and his mediocre drafts.

Think about it, there are teams with worse coaching staffs and qb's that have more than 2 wins, look at the Jets this year, that is just a huge blunder, and they still have 4 more wins this year than us. Hell, look at the Dolphins last year and so on. So the problem is MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE than the coaching.

Thankfully, come Monday we won't have to talk about this garbage GM anymore.

That is exactly right, the biggest offensive weapon you can name is a guy who has 447 receiving yards this year and is second on the team in that category, that just shows what a dismal offense Scott Pioli has created. He also has 1 whole touchdown.

He added some talent to the defense, not the offense. He will get fired because his lack of offseason FA moves, lack of depth in just about every position and his mediocre drafts.

Think about it, there are teams with worse coaching staffs and qb's that have more than 2 wins, look at the Jets this year, that is just a huge blunder, and they still have 4 more wins this year than us. Hell, look at the Dolphins last year and so on. So the problem is MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE than the coaching.

How do the Jets have a worse coaching staff? Rex Ryan has gone to 2 AFC title games. Has Romeo made it to a playoff game as a head coach? Don't just make crap up.

And you're ignoring the whole point of the talent not being used right. Mccluster is averaging 5.8 YPC when he gets the ball out of the backfield How on earth can you defend him only getting 12 carries doing that? You can't tell me they couldn't find a way to get him a carry or two every game. They don't. How is Breaston suppose to do anything when this coaching staff won't play him? Kind of hard for a player to put up numbers when the coach won't play him
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I have blind hope that these guys Pioli has drafted (McCluster, Baldwin) might someday become relevant in a better offensive system with a better QB. I'll blame Daboll and Cassel for now.

I read this post, most of it verbatim, from another website and I know the guy that crafted it.
    Last edited by Guru; 12-29-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Brandon Flowers and Justin Houston are next in line if any of the current AFC OLBs or CBs can't make the game. If the Borncos make the Super Bowl both Flowers & Houston will be in the Pro Bowl. If either Houstan or Indy make the super bowl 1 of the 2 will make the pro bowl along with the 5 chiefs that are already in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast