Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike gundy

Default Mike gundy

Ive never payed much attention to college football up close until this year. My wife is a die hard oklahoma state university fan so of course i took her to a game this year and ive watched more college ball then ever.(i still prefer a goid chiefs game over any other game). But i was thinking mike gundy could be a surprise pick for a head coaching role in the nfl. I like his fire and with the way offenses are changing in the nfl i liked to see what he could do with a new qb and jc. What you guys think of gundy

Not sue I am a fan of picking up a college coach for our HC. So many of them fail, specially the great ones. I would rather take a shot on a up and comer that is already in the NFL that does not require superior recruiting to get an advantage on other college teams. So much of the College coaching is who they can recruit to fit their system. Then they fail when the team they inherit an NFL team and struggle building a team within their system that counters other NFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Not sue I am a fan of picking up a college coach for our HC. So many of them fail, specially the great ones. I would rather take a shot on a up and comer that is already in the NFL that does not require superior recruiting to get an advantage on other college teams. So much of the College coaching is who they can recruit to fit their system. Then they fail when the team they inherit an NFL team and struggle building a team within their system that counters other NFL teams.
    Yes and no. I haven't done my homework but I'm sure there are explayers coaching in the college ranks that all now what the nfl entails. Harbaugh has been pretty successful if you ask me. Thats the only way I would take one is if there is some NFL pedigree involved.

With that said The coach that replaced Harbaugh at Stanford is a guy I would be interested in but I don't think he's gonna leave. He lost two lineman, a qb, and a tightens to the nfl. Started a redshirt freshman and won the PAC-12 which as a conference was pretty deep this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    There is no way Gundy Leaves OSU he loves OSU he went to school there.I bet you guys that he will be at OSU till he wants to retire from Coaching

Why would he leave ? They've got that Noah's ark size boat load of money from Boone Pickens , new facilities too. Like someone said I think he'll retire there and i would not blame him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12