Thread: thoughts on drafting 2 qb's

Hybrid View

Default thoughts on drafting 2 qb's

I wanted the Chiefs to do this last year. Washington did and KC didn't. Not saying it would of worked out like in dc but i digress.

I'm really hoping they do grab 2 , preferably from the top 5-6 qbs. As of this moment i'd like them to draft Murray(if he comes out) , Wilson , Glennon , Smith. The order could and probably will change some after all the bowls , workouts , interviews and the combine.

But what about late round qbs ? I'm not one of those that think they can grab gold anywhere but i believe those types can become solid & dependable. Bradys' do not come around all that often. Was just thinking maybe someone to take Stanzi's place and that has a legit shot to be a #2 maybe this year or in a year or two.

AJ McCarron from Bama would be one and Tettleton from Ohio. I saw Tettleton 2 games last year and for about 9 to 10 quarters this year(before the bowl game today) and you gotta like what you see. I keep hearing the kid from Arkansas St is really good , too. Not seen any games they've played, maybe someone here has.

There has got to be several more that might work out. To me its a no brainer , they cannot keep the qbs on the roster they have now , apparently Stanzi is so bad they won't even let him play in the last game so for me he's gone. If they do pick up a second qb and they do not work they can pickup another next year. 'sposed to be doin that every year anyway according to the lame duck GM.

Anybody got ideas on others that might work out in this scenario ?
    Last edited by swochief; 12-28-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typo last line third paragraph

I want to get a QB some how through the draft trade somehow get a QB I don't think we are in a spot the afford 2 picks on 1 spot we have to many holes to do that. But hopefully our biggest hole a coaching staff helps the talent that we do have play more to there talent level then maybe we can get 2 qbs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

i think we draft best available player first round, unless we can trade down[unlikely], then pick best QB available in 2nd, look for a sleeper like Kapernick later and take Matt Mcgloin in the 7th or sign as FA after as our #3. he was the best QB in the big ten 60% compl 3271 yds 24TD 5 int, played in a pro system similar to ne pats. he can't throw the long ball but seems to make good reads, is fairly mobile and accurate short.....could make a fine 3rd stringer.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Our biggest hole is QB. Get the best QB in the draft with the #1 pick in the draft and be done with it. I agree that we need to draft at LEAST 2 QB's. I'd be fine if they used the both our 1st and 2nd rd pick to grab QB's.

We have 7 Pro Bowlers on this team this year including the alternates. And Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert aren't even a part of that 7. We have talent at nearly every position except the most important position, QB.

Draft a QB early, draft a QB often. I'd be fine with them drafting a QB with every draft pick we have this year if it resulted in us having a franchise QB for the next decade.

Until we solve that problem, no amount of pro bowlers on this team is gonna make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Our biggest hole is QB. Get the best QB in the draft with the #1 pick in the draft and be done with it. I agree that we need to draft at LEAST 2 QB's. I'd be fine if they used the both our 1st and 2nd rd pick to grab QB's.

We have 7 Pro Bowlers on this team this year including the alternates. And Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert aren't even a part of that 7. We have talent at nearly every position except the most important position, QB.

Draft a QB early, draft a QB often. I'd be fine with them drafting a QB with every draft pick we have this year if it resulted in us having a franchise QB for the next decade.

Until we solve that problem, no amount of pro bowlers on this team is gonna make a difference.

1st round. QB

2nd. WR

Trade down for another second round pick: CB

4th: Take a gamble on another QB

I agree we need to draft multiple QBs but i don't like the idea of wasting the first pick on geno smith. lets see how he plays today. if he looks like RGIII then yeah maybe, if he looks like cassel or quinn then hell no. if he is somewhere in between then reconsider and look at the others.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I think we definitely need to draft 2 qb's. There could be some good finds in the later rounds, such as Dysert, Klein, and Carr (36 td's, 5 int at Fresno State).
    SHUT IT

draft two and if they dont workout draft two more. i like the idea of drafting two and adding one via free agency. get rid of every one that is on the roster right now