Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

Default Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

December 29th, 3:15 p.m. ET

Last game of the season for Geno Smith, and our last chance to see him play as a Mountaineer before the Draft.

I just can't see Smith as first overall pick value... I agree that QB is our #1 need. But we would do well to remember that desperation clouds judgement.

Just because we NEED smith to be 1rst overall value doesn't mean he is.

Here is a hypothetical scenario... Say Albert and Bowe walk. And KC is handcuffed in FA (like always, small market - 2-14 team) and can't bring any notable free agents. After his play today and pocket presence is this the guy for a Boweless WR corp and an Albertless O line?

I think at that point (and what I think even if we do retain those 2). We draft best player at 1. and go QB at 2.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Then you don't watch enough football. (Which isn't surprising considering you think Geno Smith is worth the #1 pick) You've never seen a defender, being blocked, reach out with his hand and trip up a running back? If you're a defender and you're engaged with another player, it DOES NOT MATTER if you stick your arm, leg, tongue, or hair out to trip the ball carrier.

NCAA rule 9-1-2-c: Tripping is intentionally using the lower leg or foot to obstruct an opponent below the knees.

NCAA rule 9-1-3-c: Tripping the ball carrier is NOT a penalty.

The only way a defender can be penalized for using his leg is if he's in the act of maliciously KICKING the opponent.

There's literally NO difference between sticking your leg out and sticking your arm out to stop a ball carrier. What did you think was happening when you hear announcers say, "he got tripped up coming through the line?" What? Did million dollar athletes suddenly get two left feet?
    Nice one, but the only reason I want Geno Smith is because I think he's the best QB in the draft, and if you haven't noticed, QBs go #1, even if they aren't BPA. (Cam Newton)

I watch plenty of football, thank you, oh and this is interesting....

Section 39 Tripping
    TRIPPING
    Tripping is the use of the leg or foot in obstructing any opponent (including a runner) (12-1-5 c).

Taken off the NFL.com rulebook.
    http://static.nfl.com/static/content..._Rule_Book.pdf
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Nice one, but the only reason I want Geno Smith is because I think he's the best QB in the draft, and if you haven't noticed, QBs go #1, even if they aren't BPA. (Cam Newton)

Section 39 Tripping
    TRIPPING
    Tripping is the use of the leg or foot in obstructing any opponent (including a runner) (12-1-5 c).

Not only do I not think Smith is not the best qb in the draft, I don't think of him as even a first round pick. Early 2nd maybe.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Not only do I not think Smith is not the best qb in the draft, I don't think of him as even a first round pick. Early 2nd maybe.
    Then who is? Tyler Wilson?

This draft is a terrible year for qb's imo. I don't see a qb worth taking with the number one overall pick.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    This draft is a terrible year for qb's imo. I don't see a qb worth taking with the number one overall pick.
    Cam Newton wasn't worth the #1 overall either according to pundits.

Cam Newton wasn't worth the #1 overall either according to pundits.
    Yeah. I agree. I'd say that Wilson, Smith, Barkley, Bray, Glennon, Murray, Klein, Jones, Boyd, Manuel all have some potential - but none of them worthy of a number 1 pick imo. As far as the best qb of the draft, it's probably Smith.
    SHUT IT

If we don't spend money to bring in depth and solidify our O line it won't matter if Jesus Christ gets drafted as our qb he won't have any luck. Uess a qb really steps it up from now to the combine we need to draft bpa with number 1. Get a good qb with number 2, OR just draft bpa this draft and hope for a better qb class next season. I don't want to be forced into taking a qb that is gonna be another bust when we have plenty of needs in this team.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Section 39 Tripping
    TRIPPING

I guess you forgot Smith wasn't playing in the NFL yesterday...

Dude you are seriously deft or you just like arguing. Most of us feel we take the best player available with the number one pick if it can be traded. We pick number 33 which is pretty much a first round pick and either trade back into the first or take our qb with that #33 pick. And Tyler Wilson at 33 I'm good with.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast