Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 163

Thread: Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse


    0 Not allowed!

    December 29th, 3:15 p.m. ET


    Last game of the season for Geno Smith, and our last chance to see him play as a Mountaineer before the Draft.

  2. #111
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,669
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 395
    Given: 76

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Not against kstate. Very very bad.
    Don't mention the things the Geno butt kissers don't want to talk about that's just not fair lol

  3. #112
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,762
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    23 touchdowns 5 interceptions and averaging 328 yards against big 12 competition is enough for me, assuming his head is on straight we take him.
    Yeah, but most of that was against Baylor.


    He also lost 6 of his last 8 games this year after beating up on the non-conference teams to start the year and Baylor. The two he won were against KU and ISU.

    Geno Smith wasn't a big player as the top QB heading into the season. It took a monster start to the season against some pretty weak opponents for him to become relevant.

    This franchise isn't going to immediately be a Super Bowl contender no matter who we bring in. Yesterday, I saw how Geno Smith responded to a losing situation. If the Chiefs don't immediately start winning, it could become a problem for Smith and his attitude towards the team. I wonder if that attitude had anything to do with why they lost all but two of their last 8 games.

  4. #113
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    23 touchdowns 5 interceptions and averaging 328 yards against big 12 competition is enough for me, assuming his head is on straight we take him.
    You do realize he only played three ranked teams and only best one of them and Texas is pretty mediocre. So I don't know how you think the big 12 is good competition. Only played one top 10 team and they made him look bad.

  5. #114
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,003
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah, but most of that was against Baylor.


    He also lost 6 of his last 8 games this year after beating up on the non-conference teams to start the year and Baylor. The two he won were against KU and ISU.

    Geno Smith wasn't a big player as the top QB heading into the season. It took a monster start to the season against some pretty weak opponents for him to become relevant.

    This franchise isn't going to immediately be a Super Bowl contender no matter who we bring in. Yesterday, I saw how Geno Smith responded to a losing situation. If the Chiefs don't immediately start winning, it could become a problem for Smith and his attitude towards the team. I wonder if that attitude had anything to do with why they lost all but two of their last 8 games.
    Unworthy of the number 1 pick in the draft. If he's there at 33 - take him.
    SHUT IT

  6. #115
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Quit making up that he played good competition he played one good team (kstate), and played two okay teams (Texas and Oklahoma). As soon as he got to the meat of the big 12 schedule he fell off. Big 12 is down big big big.
    Oklahoma was just "okay"? They were top 20 in defense in the nation and Geno destroyed them. He had three questionable games in the regular season. Those being Texas Tech, TCU, and Kstate. He was good against the others, other than Syracuse.

    If anyone wants to bash the record, then they should be bashing the defense, which was horrid.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  7. #116
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SW Oklahoma
    Posts
    242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Oklahoma was just "okay"? They were top 20 in defense in the nation and Geno destroyed them. He had three questionable games in the regular season. Those being Texas Tech, TCU, and Kstate. He was good against the others, other than Syracuse.

    If anyone wants to bash the record, then they should be bashing the defense, which was horrid.


    I'm a Sooner fan and their pass D has been way over rated for a few years now. Get burned on the deep pass way too often. They've been biting too hard on play action also.
    M. Stoops is back so it should get better.
    I'll say that he did make some nice throws in the game but on others the defense was out of position.

  8. #117
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    You do realize he only played three ranked teams and only best one of them and Texas is pretty mediocre. So I don't know how you think the big 12 is good competition. Only played one top 10 team and they made him look bad.

    Texas is a top 15 team, how is that mediocre?

  9. #118
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Don't mention the things the Geno butt kissers don't want to talk about that's just not fair lol


    Matt Ryan 142 yds 1 td 1 int against non ranked NC st. Atlanta shouldn't of drafted him, right?

    Who cares if Geno didnt play well one game, he has the talent and ability.

  10. #119
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    MAtt Ryan also played against a garbage schedule and didnt have better numbers than Geno.

    But atlanta drafted him, why? Because of his ability. Geno has played a legit schedule and played well.

    I have said it before, if there is a better qb prospect then we take him, I don't know anything about Geno Smith off the field. If there is a problem we go elsewhere.

  11. #120
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SW Oklahoma
    Posts
    242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    MAtt Ryan also played against a garbage schedule and didnt have better numbers than Geno.

    But atlanta drafted him, why? Because of his ability. Geno has played a legit schedule and played well.

    I have said it before, if there is a better qb prospect then we take him, I don't know anything about Geno Smith off the field. If there is a problem we go elsewhere.

    geno also plays in a very qb friendly system. Coach came from OK St. Not alot of their qbs are in the pros as starters. They are better than the T Tech system qbs tho.
    does this mean geno won't be all you believe?
    No it doesn't , I just don't see it.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pro Bowl
    By tornadospotter in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 02:24 AM
  2. Saturday is St. Jude Bowl For Life @ Gladstone Bowl
    By Connie Jo in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 06:43 PM
  3. I'm lost...why is the Pro Bowl before Super Bowl?
    By Connie Jo in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 03:18 AM
  4. TG at the Pro Bowl
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 10:02 PM
  5. Pro Bowl!
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 02:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •