Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

Default Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

December 29th, 3:15 p.m. ET

Last game of the season for Geno Smith, and our last chance to see him play as a Mountaineer before the Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Not against kstate. Very very bad.
    Don't mention the things the Geno butt kissers don't want to talk about that's just not fair lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    23 touchdowns 5 interceptions and averaging 328 yards against big 12 competition is enough for me, assuming his head is on straight we take him.
    Yeah, but most of that was against Baylor.

He also lost 6 of his last 8 games this year after beating up on the non-conference teams to start the year and Baylor. The two he won were against KU and ISU.

Geno Smith wasn't a big player as the top QB heading into the season. It took a monster start to the season against some pretty weak opponents for him to become relevant.

This franchise isn't going to immediately be a Super Bowl contender no matter who we bring in. Yesterday, I saw how Geno Smith responded to a losing situation. If the Chiefs don't immediately start winning, it could become a problem for Smith and his attitude towards the team. I wonder if that attitude had anything to do with why they lost all but two of their last 8 games.

23 touchdowns 5 interceptions and averaging 328 yards against big 12 competition is enough for me, assuming his head is on straight we take him.
    You do realize he only played three ranked teams and only best one of them and Texas is pretty mediocre. So I don't know how you think the big 12 is good competition. Only played one top 10 team and they made him look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah, but most of that was against Baylor.

He also lost 6 of his last 8 games this year after beating up on the non-conference teams to start the year and Baylor. The two he won were against KU and ISU.

Geno Smith wasn't a big player as the top QB heading into the season. It took a monster start to the season against some pretty weak opponents for him to become relevant.

This franchise isn't going to immediately be a Super Bowl contender no matter who we bring in. Yesterday, I saw how Geno Smith responded to a losing situation. If the Chiefs don't immediately start winning, it could become a problem for Smith and his attitude towards the team. I wonder if that attitude had anything to do with why they lost all but two of their last 8 games.
    Unworthy of the number 1 pick in the draft. If he's there at 33 - take him.
    SHUT IT

Quit making up that he played good competition he played one good team (kstate), and played two okay teams (Texas and Oklahoma). As soon as he got to the meat of the big 12 schedule he fell off. Big 12 is down big big big.
    Oklahoma was just "okay"? They were top 20 in defense in the nation and Geno destroyed them. He had three questionable games in the regular season. Those being Texas Tech, TCU, and Kstate. He was good against the others, other than Syracuse.

If anyone wants to bash the record, then they should be bashing the defense, which was horrid.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Oklahoma was just "okay"? They were top 20 in defense in the nation and Geno destroyed them. He had three questionable games in the regular season. Those being Texas Tech, TCU, and Kstate. He was good against the others, other than Syracuse.

If anyone wants to bash the record, then they should be bashing the defense, which was horrid.

I'm a Sooner fan and their pass D has been way over rated for a few years now. Get burned on the deep pass way too often. They've been biting too hard on play action also.
    M. Stoops is back so it should get better.
    I'll say that he did make some nice throws in the game but on others the defense was out of position.

You do realize he only played three ranked teams and only best one of them and Texas is pretty mediocre. So I don't know how you think the big 12 is good competition. Only played one top 10 team and they made him look bad.

Texas is a top 15 team, how is that mediocre?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Don't mention the things the Geno butt kissers don't want to talk about that's just not fair lol

Matt Ryan 142 yds 1 td 1 int against non ranked NC st. Atlanta shouldn't of drafted him, right?

Who cares if Geno didnt play well one game, he has the talent and ability.

MAtt Ryan also played against a garbage schedule and didnt have better numbers than Geno.

But atlanta drafted him, why? Because of his ability. Geno has played a legit schedule and played well.

I have said it before, if there is a better qb prospect then we take him, I don't know anything about Geno Smith off the field. If there is a problem we go elsewhere.

MAtt Ryan also played against a garbage schedule and didnt have better numbers than Geno.

But atlanta drafted him, why? Because of his ability. Geno has played a legit schedule and played well.

I have said it before, if there is a better qb prospect then we take him, I don't know anything about Geno Smith off the field. If there is a problem we go elsewhere.

geno also plays in a very qb friendly system. Coach came from OK St. Not alot of their qbs are in the pros as starters. They are better than the T Tech system qbs tho.
    does this mean geno won't be all you believe?
    No it doesn't , I just don't see it.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast