Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

Default Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

December 29th, 3:15 p.m. ET

Last game of the season for Geno Smith, and our last chance to see him play as a Mountaineer before the Draft.

i think part of nassib's problem is he's trying to slow his motion down and slow the velocity down since the conditions are so bad and his wr's are having a hard time hanging on to balls. So his throws are taking longer to get there and giving the DB's a chance to break on them.

Just not Geno's day...

I haven't seen anything that makes me feel any different about either QB. I've seen Nassib in good weather and his throws are better, but his issues today have been decision making. If anything, I think he's improved his position in my mind from a mid-2nd round pick to an early 2nd or perhaps a VERY late 1st. I don't think Nassib is a guy you can expect to step in and be "the guy." However, I think if you drafted him and sat him behind a good QB for a year or two, he could be a franchise shouldering QB like Shaub or Rogers.

Geno Smith has had a HORRIBLE day. In a game that gave him an opportunity to disprove my concerns about his mental acumen, he's done nothing but reinforce my concerns. The other times I saw him play this year, he did seem to get sacked more than he should, holding the ball and trying to make plays. Today, Smith showed all the elite tools that has people clamoring for him at the top of the draft, but he also showed an inability to recognize pressure or feel pressure in the pocket. If his performance today doesn't have you feeling like he's a mid-to-late first round pick, you may have an unrecognized bias for the kid.

Objectively speaking, I don't think Smith would've been taken in the first round if he was in last year's QB class.

Agree completely with your above assessment ... except, what "elite tools" has Smith shown today?

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Agree completely with your above assessment ... except, what "elite tools" has Smith shown today?
    Deep ball? I don't know... I was trying to be cordial.

Is Doug Flutie still available

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    geno showing good audibles to running plays based off the defense front, and made some nice throws that drive. deep ball had some nice touch, a hair underthrown if the defender hadn't fallen down it would have been a fight for the ball.

He didn't fall down , should have been offensive PI.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    His stock is falling. Number one pick in the draft? I think not...

Agreed

We draft Geno, end of discussion. He can throw the deep ball and has the physical tools.

If there is another qb out there better then we draft him. We need offense.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think Nassib is doing a great job controlling the game. Another great drive anchored by the run game. Not a great game for QBs to show their entire skill-set, but at least we get to see how they manage the game and take care of the ball.

WOW!! What a HORRIBLE play by Geno Smith. He's had a REALLY tough time feeling pressure. Now he's throwing a fit... showing all the attitude issues I've previously raised.
    He got mad because the Syracuse lineman tripped him. It was still really bad pocket presence, but any QB would've been pretty pissed about that.

Geno didn't have a very good game, but it doesn't change my opinion about him. Nassib is viewed as a 1st-2nd round talent and he stunk up the joint too. Holgerson didn't do him any favors either. (running the pistol on the 1-yard line, are you KIDDING ME?!)

We'll just have to wait til the Combine.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast