Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

Default Pinstripe Bowl: WVU v Syracuse

December 29th, 3:15 p.m. ET

Last game of the season for Geno Smith, and our last chance to see him play as a Mountaineer before the Draft.

No they dont draft Geno end of discussion. Chiefs play outdoors , weather can get just as bad. Buffalo , new england , Jets , pittsburgh , cleveland , cincinnati , denver all AFC outdoor sites. NFC has chicago , green bay , ny again ,philly , seattle gets alot of rain. If anything today it showed he's not good in those conditions.
    Alot of his throws today were off , high , low, behind on open recievers. Saw alot of them jump or reach back at least a little on too many throws. I know every qb has those passes in games but too many were, for the amount his recievers were open in this game.
    Also when it comes down to sacks Nassib would be much better in that turnover department , not that its a good one. At least he hangs onto the ball. Nassib got plastered twice i saw and kept it.
    Smith lost the ball twice and fell over for a second safety in which the pass would have been intentional grounding anyway on the field of play in college and either way in the pros , just take the sack. He just is not good under pressure at all. Seen it all season , his recievers have bailed him out alot.
    As for the deep pass for their 2nd td, it was a pretty ball but it was just a lob pass , thats all it was.
    I'm not completely against geno , just no way w/ the first pick. Even w/ the salary cap.
    As far as i'm concerned based off this game both him and Nassib are pretty much equal. Give Nassib the skill players Geno had and i bet that game would have been worse.
    Last edited by swochief; 12-29-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: mis-spells, left word out

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    No they dont draft Geno end of discussion. Chiefs play outdoors , weather can get just as bad. Buffalo , new england , Jets , pittsburgh , cleveland , cincinnati , denver all AFC outdoor sites. NFC has chicago , green bay , ny again ,philly , seattle gets alot of rain. If anything today it showed he's not good in those conditions.
    Alot of his throws today were off , high , low, behind on open recievers. Saw alot of them jump or reach back at least a little on too many throws. I know every qb has those passes in games but too many were, for the amount his recievers were open in this game.
    Also when it comes down to sacks Nassib would be much better in that turnover department , not that its a good one. At least he hangs onto the ball. Nassib got plastered twice i saw and kept it.
    Smith lost the ball twice and fell over for a second safety in which the pass would have been intentional grounding anyway on the field of play in college and either way in the pros , just take the sack. He just is not good under pressure at all. Seen it all season , his recievers have bailed him out alot.
    As for the deep pass for their 2nd td, it was a pretty ball but it was just a lob pass , thats all it was.
    I'm not completely against geno , just no way w/ the first pick. Even w/ the salary cap.
    As far as i'm concerned based off this game both him and Nassib are pretty much equal. Give Nassib the skill players Geno had and i bet that game would have been worse.
    He was TRIPPED on the 2nd safety! Last time I checked, that's a personal foul and NOT HIS FAULT!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    He was TRIPPED on the 2nd safety! Last time I checked, that's a personal foul and NOT HIS FAULT!

okay i just saw the replay of it and i will give that it was a trip , but it
    makes up for the OBVIOUS OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE ON WV 2ND TD.

not his fault either and wasn't called.
    Last edited by swochief; 12-29-2012 at 09:25 PM.

i think it was fairly obvious that Geno's performance did not scream "pick me #1 overall" and nassib just fell to round 5 or later
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Y'all... you can trip ball carriers ALL DAY LONG. The only time tripping becomes a problem is if you use your legs to trip a defender and keep him from making a play. How many times do you see defenders diving for ball carriers legs? This is a dumb argument.

Besides, before he got TACKLED, he retreated 10 yards into the end zone... he should've had enough awareness not to put himself in that situation.

This game didn't do anything and the conditions had a lot to do with it. But Geno has a lot to prove that wonderlic , or whatever its caleed, test is what I'm waiting for. For someone who is such a football nerd, he sure has poor pocket awareness.

You Geno fans have to admit this game did zero for your case.

This game didn't do anything and the conditions had a lot to do with it. But Geno has a lot to prove that wonderlic , or whatever its caleed, test is what I'm waiting for. For someone who is such a football nerd, he sure has poor pocket awareness.

You Geno fans have to admit this game did zero for your case.

True but he usually has quite good pocket awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Y'all... you can trip ball carriers ALL DAY LONG. The only time tripping becomes a problem is if you use your legs to trip a defender and keep him from making a play. How many times do you see defenders diving for ball carriers legs? This is a dumb argument.

Besides, before he got TACKLED, he retreated 10 yards into the end zone... he should've had enough awareness not to put himself in that situation.
    Diving for a ball carriers legs with their arms and hands is completely different because they aren't being engaged. That would be called a tackle. Being engaged with another lineman and just sticking out your leg SHOULD be called tripping. If it were legal, every lineman would do it on every run play!

I don't think I've ever seen any lineman just stick out their leg to stop a play......ever.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Diving for a ball carriers legs with their arms and hands is completely different because they aren't being engaged. That would be called a tackle. Being engaged with another lineman and just sticking out your leg SHOULD be called tripping. If it were legal, every lineman would do it on every run play!

I don't think I've ever seen any lineman just stick out their leg to stop a play......ever.
    Then you don't watch enough football. (Which isn't surprising considering you think Geno Smith is worth the #1 pick) You've never seen a defender, being blocked, reach out with his hand and trip up a running back? If you're a defender and you're engaged with another player, it DOES NOT MATTER if you stick your arm, leg, tongue, or hair out to trip the ball carrier.

NCAA rule 9-1-2-c: Tripping is intentionally using the lower leg or foot to obstruct an opponent below the knees.

NCAA rule 9-1-3-c: Tripping the ball carrier is NOT a penalty.

The only way a defender can be penalized for using his leg is if he's in the act of maliciously KICKING the opponent.

There's literally NO difference between sticking your leg out and sticking your arm out to stop a ball carrier. What did you think was happening when you hear announcers say, "he got tripped up coming through the line?" What? Did million dollar athletes suddenly get two left feet?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast