Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thunderstorms and tornados

Default Thunderstorms and tornados

We had a few tornados touch down around here earlier this evening. Followed by thunderstorms. I was stuck at work!!!
    Everything happens for a reason.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    We had a few tornados touch down around here earlier this evening. Followed by thunderstorms. I was stuck at work!!!
    Hope everything is ok now. Keep us informed and let us know if you need anything.

Bryon

Does work have a basement?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I remember working at the airport, and when there was a tornado warning we all had to go down into the parking garages.

the weird thing was the a lot people in the bar insisted on bringing their beers other than their luggage.

anyways i hope everyone is doing ok during the storms and are in a safe place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

These weren't as bad as some in recent history. I think they leveled a few houses, but I don't believe there were any casualties. Didn't even hear of anyone getting severely hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    I remember working at the airport, and when there was a tornado warning we all had to go down into the parking garages.

the weird thing was the a lot people in the bar insisted on bringing their beers other than their luggage.

anyways i hope everyone is doing ok during the storms and are in a safe place.
    That is not weird.

That is dedication!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    If not always go to a small interior room, and even in a basement, always put as many walls between you and the storm, smaller room more strength in the structure of room.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Hmmmm here, 1400 square foot room, underground, almost all open. Pillars down the middle, and a small room with non weight bearing walls but has the furnace and water heater.

The good, the only windows are small casement windows which are at or near ground level, at the 7 ft ceiling in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    No, but it has a room we call the vault. It's made out of cement, and it houses some of our servers. We go in there and duck and cover if something goes wrong

My apartment is a partial basement apartment. In case one hit here, I would either get in my tub or drag my mattress out into the hallway and close my bedroom door.

No, but it has a room we call the vault. It's made out of cement, and it houses some of our servers. We go in there and duck and cover if something goes wrong

My apartment is a partial basement apartment. In case one hit here, I would either get in my tub or drag my mattress out into the hallway and close my bedroom door.
    Wow, you have an excellent disaster plan worked out!

tornadospotter give her an award!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast