Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: players to keep

Default players to keep

Though this would be a fun thread to start and what ideas everyone had.

Defensive line i say keep them all except Dorsey( think he's gone anyway). I know they had problems this year but alot of them are young.

The starting linebackers are good to go , like to see them add a bruisin run stopper at mlb. backups can go.

Flowers , Berry , Lewis(give him 1 more year) and Arenas as the nickle I'm good with. Gotta find another corner though.

The offense is a mess but better coaching & play calling will help more than we know.
    Charles , Draughns and Gray i really like , might keep Eachus but hillis should be cut Monday imho.

Wr needs help bad. Bowe may/may not be gone , Baldwin is a bust , know idea like everyone else whats
    up w/ Breaston , Copper good for special teams and makes the occasional play on O so keep for me. McClusters falls when the wind blows , the others meh.
    Moeoki injury prone but good when healthy so he's a big ? , need more help there too.

The O-line idk. look good 1 game , bad the next , even play to play that way. Believe the injury to Hudson hurt alot. Draft another C/G and keep in tact. Except for Stephenson they need better backups.

Best for last because its the easiest one. The QB position. Get three new ones. I hope they bring 5-6 to camp , start intense competition from the get go , keep the best 3 for preseason , let them fight it out evenly till last one and pick a starter. Nuff said.

what say you Chiefscorwd ? Like to hear everyone's opinion whether you agree or disagree w/ what i've said. Might as well break it down cause its gonna be a long off season.
    I just hope the bass are big and biting alot this spring and summer , thats if i have the money to go after the fiscal cliff and obama care kick my finances hard in the arse.

Keep Justin Houston, Hali, and DJ. Let everybody else go.
    SHUT IT

D played well this year and deserves to be paid, COLQUITT has been our savior as much as he can pay him. Bowe I like but hasn't played as well as we all know he can...but new QB is worthless without recievers

Yeah, I'm kinda in the "rebuild" boat as well. If the salary cap situation is really this bad (and I honestly don't know for sure. I'm just basing this on that article.), then I don't know what other option you have. I feel like we're in the same boat as we were when we had Larry Johnson and Jared Allen as the only assets on this team.

Would you start looking to trade Jamaal Charles, Tamba Hali, Brandon Flowers, or Eric Berry in exchange for more picks to get younger and cheaper?

Im skeptical on the numbers in that article. From what I have heard we were closer to 20 mil under the cap this year (6 more than he stated). There is no way Jackson is here with a 14 mil contract. I also can almost guarantee Cassel's contract will be gone (both either cut or renegotiated). I rarely gamble on sports, but I am willing to bet money on those two things.

That having been said, I think the numbers you laid out are quite doable. Not that I am trying to argue to keep Pioli, but I think those numbers are a little exaggerated.

If that article is right what a mess.

I bet though that there will be alot of restructuring of contracts going on if it is , starting w/ Jackson. I think he has gotten better but no way he's worth....14mil?, no sure of the exact number but its way way too much.

Cassel for sure and Dorsey most likely will be gone. That will save several million alone.

Hali is not good against the run unless its to run it down from behind and he stinks in coverage. I'd be open to trading him if they had their eye on a mid round pick that could come close to Houston who can do one pretty well and the other two(run and coverage) at least he's decent at.

I think there are a number of player to keep. I would even keep Baldwin and see what a real coaching staff can do with him. I think it's a little early to call him a Bust but the letters BUS are already there. I say we give him one more chance and a real coach and OC and see if he can show anything more
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Would you start looking to trade Jamaal Charles, Tamba Hali, Brandon Flowers, or Eric Berry in exchange for more picks to get younger and cheaper?
    No way I would consider trading Flowers or Berry, and it would be hard to convince me to trade Hali or Houston. With Manning in our division, we need to maintain as much skill in the secondary and pass rush ability as we can. Other people are fair game, IMO.

That article didn't even address that we will need to sign this year's draft class which will include the #1 overall pick's salary.

The way I see it is Bowe or Albert are gone. Dorsey is definitely gone. Colquitt is likely gone. All of the QB's better be gone. If Stanzi collects another paycheck from this franchise, I'm going to call the police and report a theft. What a sham that guy has been.

We need to hang on the to the collection of talent we have put together on defense. I think they have the potential to be great. We need to improve at S,CB, MLB. The offense needs help at WR and QB.

The single biggest need of this team is Coach. It still baffles me that you could potentially have 7 pro bowlers on a team that only managed to win 2 games. And in both of the wins we squeaked out nail biters. Horrific piss poor coaching job by Romeo Crennel. And even that is being too kind.

Yes it did. His numbers included signing all 7 picks. With the new rookie salary cap, it shouldn't be that big of a deal anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast