Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: pioli will be back according to sources

Default pioli will be back according to sources

more and more reports are coming in that pioli will not be fired. only crennell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Really have no beef with this. Especially with all the other GMs getting canned. It's not like there are an abundance of excellent candidates out there.

The coaching staff is gone, we have the first pick. Hopefully this is the start of something big.
    With the quantity of teams looking for GMs one would think those teams have already eyed te GM they want. We would be really behind the ball.

According to Adam Schefter the new head coach will have say on Pioli staying or going. I don't think thats good news for Pioli
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    According to Adam Schefter the new head coach will have say on Pioli staying or going. I don't think thats good news for Pioli
    Huh! We would be way behind. There are five other teams looking as of right now. It's not like they fall from the sky.

Well one outta two I guess.

Just watched the interview with Clark and the more I here the more I think that even if Pioli stays he won't have much say in things the new coach instead of reporting to Pioli will report to clark so I don't think even if Pioli stays he will have much of an impact
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Just watched the interview with Clark and the more I here the more I think that even if Pioli stays he won't have much say in things the new coach instead of reporting to Pioli will report to clark so I don't think even if Pioli stays he will have much of an impact

This. If Pioli is here next year which I doubt, he won't have much say in anything.

Thank God.

good move. that's a demotion. let's see if Pioli takes it or blows town
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I'm sure many of you have seen the interview already, for those who haven't here is a source:

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Scott Pioli remains on the Kansas City Chiefs payroll, but Chiefs owner Clark Hunt literally and figuratively shoved his general manager to the sidelines this week.

And in doing so, Hunt took steps this week to take greater control over his family's NFL franchise that was founded 50 years ago by his legendary father, Lamar Hunt, who died in 2006.

Many fans want Pioli gone. Hunt said he won't decide on Pioli's future until he selects the new Kansas City Chiefs head coach, which he hopes will be in a matter of days.

But Hunt made clear Monday that it was he, not Pioli, who decided to fire head coach Romeo Crennel after the team ended 2-14 and clinched the first pick in the NFL draft.

"It was my decision, although it was one that Scott agreed with as well," Hunt said.

He also made clear that he, not Pioli, would select Crennel's replacement.
    More here - Pioli remains on payroll but Clark Hunt takes reins of power - KCTV5

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678