Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: pioli will be back according to sources

Default pioli will be back according to sources

more and more reports are coming in that pioli will not be fired. only crennell.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree that the offense has been worse then the d but this D is not "ok" it has a ton of problems to

The D is mediocre, I have said that since the Carr absence we need another starting CB, as well as depth.

The quarterback position is the biggest need and is the most important position, that is why you take what the best has to offer in 2013.

Therre are a lot of people who say if we fix the coaching and qb the team will be fine, that is false. The coaching and qb is not the only problem on this team, but the qb position is definitely the right place to start.

But hey, atleast Scott Pioli will be gone, I think we can all agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    The D is mediocre, I have said that since the Carr absence we need another starting CB, as well as depth.

The quarterback position is the biggest need and is the most important position, that is why you take what the best has to offer in 2013.

Therre are a lot of people who say if we fix the coaching and qb the team will be fine, that is false. The coaching and qb is not the only problem on this team, but the qb position is definitely the right place to start.
    I think it starts with the coach. Anther bad coach would hurt the QBS. It has hurt the QBs we have on this team this year as we have seen better play out of Cassel then what we did this year. The coaching is more important if we get a rookie QB.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

i hope adam scheftner is right

the best that 2013 is a waste of a 1st overall pick, or even top 10 pick

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think it starts with the coach. Anther bad coach would hurt the QBS. It has hurt the QBs we have on this team this year as we have seen better play out of Cassel then what we did this year. The coaching is more important if we get a rookie QB.

Yes I agree. But in the above post why do you say things like "You will continue to ignore other things than the qb" when you talk a lot about te'o, not really a position we need, especially after looking at today's game.

I have desperately wanted a change for a long time. From CB, RB, WR, Management, Coaching, specifically Daboll and the list goes on.

All I am saying is that when you have the top pick in the draft you need to get the best available player that can help your team out the most, and with our lousy team a qb would make the most impact. We may not be in a position in the future to draft a top qb, even if some may not believe the right qb is in this draft. There was no guaranteed qb in 08 when Matt Ryan was drafted, and look at the Falcons now, a super bowl contender.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the bottomline is this, regardless of how good or bad our team is, we aren't going anywhere without a good quarterback.

Yea no I'm sure that mynanorton. Errrr mymanhali wants gang banging wanna be qb geno.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the bottomline is this, regardless of how good or bad our team is, we aren't going anywhere without a good quarterback.
    All we need is a gm with enough foresight and competence to find us one. That leaves Pioli OUT.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    what a suprise that would be pioli reaching for a player. what a joke

If Kiper happens to be right it would not be much of one. If rumors are right and the Jags get Tebow and want Smith then maybe we could trade back a spot or two , pick up some extra picks and get Glennon.

Recording NC ST game tomorrow , gotta work bout half of it, so i can see for my self if i would want him.

Yes I agree. But in the above post why do you say things like "You will continue to ignore other things than the qb" when you talk a lot about te'o, not really a position we need, especially after looking at today's game.

I have desperately wanted a change for a long time. From CB, RB, WR, Management, Coaching, specifically Daboll and the list goes on.

All I am saying is that when you have the top pick in the draft you need to get the best available player that can help your team out the most, and with our lousy team a qb would make the most impact. We may not be in a position in the future to draft a top qb, even if some may not believe the right qb is in this draft. There was no guaranteed qb in 08 when Matt Ryan was drafted, and look at the Falcons now, a super bowl contender.

And I agree that a QB will make the biggest impact but that impact isn't always good. If we had a stout D ok that's different We MUST take a QB. But we don't have a stout D or anything. We can't limit ourselfs to a QB.

The thing I said about Teo is that we should LOOK AT HIm. I never once said we need to draft him. I said give him a look work him out do all that stuff and then if AND ONLY IF he CLEARLY stands out above all the qbs we look at then take him. There's a condition to takeing him. I've never once said we need to take him just we can't ignore him you are the one that twist it to me saying that we should take him.

Only a few times have you talked about anything other then QB and Pioli. When I bring up the poor d the fact that the WR had the ball hit him in the hands and it still ended up in the defenders hands you label me as an "excuse maker" ECT. Qb is our biggest problem but that doesn't mean it's makeing excuses to talk about the other problems when they happen. That's the problem I have with the talk here anything other then how bad our qbs is just labeled as "Excuse making" "lovefest" ECT. And when the same standards are used on Geno Smith all of a sudden you want to talk about the horrible defenseive play. The problem with your look on the QB situation is your double standard. I've been saying all year you can't have it both ways.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We have the 1st pick were going to look at EVERYONE

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast