Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this site says marty will be next gm i don't think it's legit

Default this site says marty will be next gm i don't think it's legit

THE FICKSITALL REVOLUTION
    THE FICKSITALL REVOLUTION

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Chiefs Will Announce Marty Schottenheimer as Their Next Head Coach (again)

It has been recently confirmed through a very reliable TFR source that Marty Schottenheimer will be named as the Kansas City Chiefs head coach at season's end. Schottenheimer hasn't coached in the NFL since leading the San Diego Chargers to a 14-2 record in 2006.

This will be the second stint with the Chiefs, who Schottenheimer coached from 1989-1998. Schottenheimer won 101 games for the Chiefs during that 10 year span.

Schottenheimer (who will turn 70 in September) has been looking for another NFL coaching gig since leaving the Chargers in 2006. He has been rumored as a candidate for several head coaching vacancies (including a possible return to San Diego.)

No details as to the amount or length of the contract have been released. We will provide more information as it becomes available. This is a breaking story, please check back for updates.

UPDATE:

This has now been confirmed through multiple sources. Although a contract has not yet been finalized, it's reported to be a 3 year, 15 million dollar offer (5 million yr.) Schottenheimer will accept, and has accepted the offer in principle, but it will not be announced (and made official) until after the season. This has now been confirmed through multiple, VERY RELIABLE sources (both within the organization.) Again, this remains a fluid situation, we will continue to update this as more information becomes available.

JUST IN:

Schottenheimer is scheduled to meet again with team officials early next week, it is expected that the contract will be finalized, and an announcement will be made at that time. Head coach Romeo Crennel has been informed of the situation, and will address the team in private after today's game.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-30-2012 at 09:34 PM.

I'm not familiar with this source. The dude is 70 years old...
    SHUT IT

As long as its to stabilize things while turning things around I got no problem with it. Has to come w/ a couple stipulations.

OC has to be dynamic/innovative , young and in training along w/ the DC to possibly take over after the three years is up. Would prefer him to be the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    As long as its to stabilize things while turning things around I got no problem with it. Has to come w/ a couple stipulations.

OC has to be dynamic/innovative , young and in training along w/ the DC to possibly take over after the three years is up. Would prefer him to be the GM.
    The OC would be Brian. Marty would have to be HC/GM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The OC would be Brian. Marty would have to be HC/GM.

Marty is not going back to coaching an NFL team, if he comes back, it will be GM. I still think it will be Marty as GM and Brian as HC

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Marty is not going back to coaching an NFL team, if he comes back, it will be GM. I still think it will be Marty as GM and Brian as HC
    You are correct of course. And Marty has been seen with Clark a couple times, so not really a far-fetched idea.
    SHUT IT

Amazing the kind of trash people float on the internet trying to get some attention. The guy that fabricated this story has no clue. As Heyvern already pointed out, if Marty had any interest in this organization it would be as GM and his son as HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    If he comes back, it will be GM. I still think it will be Marty as GM and Brian as HC
    I could be happy with that. I have doubts about Marty as a coach....the game has changed a lot since he last coached...but if he was GM and told Brian "GO FOR IT" with regard to coaching staff it might be a very good fit.

I think Marty may be too old to coach, but I still think he has a good football brain and might make a fine GM.

The downside of course is that they would come as a package and if Brian failed but Marty did well, we would wind up losing them both because Marty wouldn't fire Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm not familiar with this source. The dude is 70 years old...
    I have nothin against his son. Bring him in too. Jeff fisher said Brian is ready to be a HC maybe a year or two under his dad and that's all she wrote.

Don't really see Marty being GM or coach again. And since I've never even heard of this source I can't put to much stock into it until it happens
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast