Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First on the clock kc chiefs!

Default First on the clock kc chiefs!

Im excited for this off season can not wait to see what happens but we are on the clock

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    Heck trade for Cousins if it doesn't cost an arm and leg , work a trade and draft Wilson , then take the best tall corner they can get , draft a C(bigger need imho) or tackle ,bring in a vet who's football smart(doesnt need to be a winner just savvy) and i'd be happy w/ that.

They can look at FA's for line , don't have to draft them.
    I agree with you 100% in this statement. I read they were wanting 2 first and a mid round pick for Cousins NO WAY! They got him for a 5th last year and he has only played the 1 plus games, I would be okay with a second or later round.

I find it humorous that people dont want to trade for a QB that is a backup behind a very good QB, claiming that they havent been proven yet because they have only played in one game. Instead go for a rookie. Well, how is a rookie more proven?

There are some very good QBs that started as backups:

Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and the list goes on.

If you have seen them play QB in the NFL against an NFL caliber defense and have done well, then I think you have to consider them if the team is willing to let them go.

We have to consider people like Kirk Cousins, TJ Yates, Matt Flynn.

The difference between these guys and Cassel, is that Cassel had a lot of critics saying that he wasnt good enough to lead a team. He had a weak arm and was slow in his reads. When you took away the NE talent and the great OC, then his weaknesses became magnified.

Yates played in like 6 games, what weaknesses he has have been identified, and you know what you will be getting.

You mean like Matt?? Went 11-5 and we got him for a second.. seemed great at the time and it was well worth the risk at a two. Not his fault every year a b ewe offense and crappy recievers and coaches. Remindes me of Sanchez.

I don't see any team no matter how desperate giving 2 firsts for Cousins. I would trade down for picks and give them a mid to late first for him though. Otherwise we might just draft unproven talent and be taking an even bigger risk. I'd say go with the guy with 1 game behind him vs none.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

The difference is how many college games did Cassel win vs how many did Cousins win? You can't really compare the 2 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    The difference is how many college games did Cassel win vs how many did Cousins win? You can't really compare the 2 IMO.
    I wanna say Matt cassel went 5 years without starting one game. To compare the two is like apples and orange. Cousins had to have two big plays when rg 3 went down. That's clutch if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I wanna say Matt cassel went 5 years without starting one game. To compare the two is like apples and orange. Cousins had to have two big plays when rg 3 went down. That's clutch if you ask me.
    Exactly!! There was zero film to watch of Cassel aside from fill in duty in college. He was a career backup til we signed him to the big Pioli contract. At least we can see Cousins had a pretty good college career 66 td vs 30 int and a pretty high rating.

We did have tapes of Cassel playing 15 NFL games when Brady went down in the first quarter and he lead a very talented team to 10 wins had a QB rating of 89.4.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I find it humorous that people dont want to trade for a QB that is a backup behind a very good QB, claiming that they havent been proven yet because they have only played in one game. Instead go for a rookie. Well, how is a rookie more proven?

There are some very good QBs that started as backups:

Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and the list goes on.

If you have seen them play QB in the NFL against an NFL caliber defense and have done well, then I think you have to consider them if the team is willing to let them go.

We have to consider people like Kirk Cousins, TJ Yates, Matt Flynn.

That said tho i'm not high on Flynn anymore,didn't beat out a rookie. Will give that said rookie is doing a great job.

The difference between these guys and Cassel, is that Cassel had a lot of critics saying that he wasnt good enough to lead a team. He had a weak arm and was slow in his reads. When you took away the NE talent and the great OC, then his weaknesses became magnified.

Yates played in like 6 games, what weaknesses he has have been identified, and you know what you will be getting.

I get your point on backups.

If Bledsoe didn't get hurt Brady may have been on the bench a couple years , Rodgers was groomed behind Farve and Warner had a few years in Europe league and the AFL to polish his passing skills.

A surprise , a known in GB( i believe they knew what they had) and a probably never should have been all made good. You never know where a good one will come from.

KC should turn over every rock they can , draft or trade or whatever.
    Last edited by swochief; 01-02-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Whatever the case on who we draft or who coaches us I can see already we all aren't going to be in agreement but such is life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast