Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gruden to interview for open NFL jobs

Default Gruden to interview for open NFL jobs

Despite public protestations he's happy in his current position as a television analyst, Jon Gruden will interview with NFL teams for their head coaching position, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

Over the past few weeks, teams have quietly contacted Gruden and/or his representatives to gauge Gruden's interest. In response, Gruden and/or his representatives informed teams Gruden would speak to them once the regular season ended.

Well, the regular season has ended, and Gruden will begin talking to those teams maybe as early as Monday. Gruden is currently an analyst for ESPN and has said publicly he will stay at the network.

However, privately, the Gruden camp has acted differently, and let it be known the former coach is interested in returning to the NFL. This doesn't mean he will return. This means he's interested in doing so if the right job opens up.

Two teams to pay close attention to regarding Gruden are Philadelphia and San Diego (although the Chargers might focus on a younger coach).

source

hello Hunt. anybody home???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Gruden won't work for Pioli. It'll have to be some New England lacky - McDaniels or a yes man from the college ranks.
    Yet another reason that Pioli should be shown the door.

reports are saying that clark is personally doing the HC hunt, and leaving the say to the HC if they want to take personnel control and have pioli manage the storage closet costs, or if they cannot work with pioli they will replace pioli with the HC's interaction and opinions along with clark

aka this screams cowher, gruden, reid type coaches

Gruden will not come to the Chiefs at all. All of you who are going to start blaming Hunt if he does not come to KC had better just cool your jets, he will not come here, his disdain for the town is apparent if you hear him talk about us.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

It gets tiresome to hear all these retreads drug through the rumor mill. Cowher and Gruden have won their SB's. I'd rather get a hungry, young coach who is focused on the fundamentals and can think outside the box - ala Chris Peterson or Chip Kelly. I hope we stay away from NFL coordinators at this point (Kyle Shanahan, Brian Schottenheimer, Josh McDaniels).
    SHUT IT

regardless who we get bringing a 2-14 team back to Competitiveness will be a daunting task
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

the problem is that with all the fan unrest if clark misses on an outside the box it will get ugly quick, an established coach is more eye catching to clark because they can come in and fix and use what we already have. An outside the box is going to come in and blow it all up again which i'm sure clark wants to avoid at this point since we do have alot of the pieces in places.

Now your short coaching list there is a couple issues with.

Chris Peterson WILL NOT leave boise. i live here, he's a god in this town and is respected beyond belief and he loves it here aswell as the city for raising his kids and family. I would LOVE to have him but he will not budge, atleast not yet.

Chip Kelly i've seen alot of and will be a flop in the NFL i will tell you that now. His offense is a gimic and people have sold out on it. It's funny that he can't beat a chris peterson team, he cannot beat BSU.. and why is that? because BSU has NFL talent at coaches. Not only that but the rivalry between BSU and Oregon leaks alot of information and apperently Chip Kelly is a GIGANTIC *******. Alot of people in the city don't like him and want him gone, they appreciate what he's done but his atmosphere is very hostile and he's extremely rude. Not to mention oregon is going to be investigated by the NCAA so NOW he wants to jump to NFL? i don't like that at all

we need our offense fixed in the worst possible way. priority one. an experienced O minded HC is a must IMO. Charles and company ain't gettin' no younger

Im personally out of supporting the Chiefs if Pioli comes back. This is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Gruden will not come to the Chiefs at all. All of you who are going to start blaming Hunt if he does not come to KC had better just cool your jets, he will not come here, his disdain for the town is apparent if you hear him talk about us.
    Agreed, Gruden has zero interest in Kansas City. I would love to see him come here but have resided myself to the fact that it will never happen. I would also love to see Cowher here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I don't know about this. Not that I want him or will blame anyone. But the Monday night game the Chiefs played. It looked very much to me like he was telling the Chiefs to give him call by pointing out all the things he would do different, pointing out the to the audience what he is seeing and what the Chiefs should do, and they dispute what the Chiefs did different to finally saying. I don't know what they are thinking.

It really looked like he was telling Clark Hunt he was interested.

That being said, the History of Superbowl HC returning is not very good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast