Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gruden to interview for open NFL jobs

Default Gruden to interview for open NFL jobs

Despite public protestations he's happy in his current position as a television analyst, Jon Gruden will interview with NFL teams for their head coaching position, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

Over the past few weeks, teams have quietly contacted Gruden and/or his representatives to gauge Gruden's interest. In response, Gruden and/or his representatives informed teams Gruden would speak to them once the regular season ended.

Well, the regular season has ended, and Gruden will begin talking to those teams maybe as early as Monday. Gruden is currently an analyst for ESPN and has said publicly he will stay at the network.

However, privately, the Gruden camp has acted differently, and let it be known the former coach is interested in returning to the NFL. This doesn't mean he will return. This means he's interested in doing so if the right job opens up.

Two teams to pay close attention to regarding Gruden are Philadelphia and San Diego (although the Chargers might focus on a younger coach).

source

hello Hunt. anybody home???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know about this. Not that I want him or will blame anyone. But the Monday night game the Chiefs played. It looked very much to me like he was telling the Chiefs to give him call by pointing out all the things he would do different, pointing out the to the audience what he is seeing and what the Chiefs should do, and they dispute what the Chiefs did different to finally saying. I don't know what they are thinking.

It really looked like he was telling Clark Hunt he was interested.

That being said, the History of Superbowl HC returning is not very good.
    Gruden is looking at the bolts. and both HC and GM have been wacked. that monday night game he was wackin us
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    Gruden is looking at the bolts. and both HC and GM have been wacked. that monday night game he was wackin us
    He was slamming the coaching staff not only stating what he would do different but showing the fans what the defense was showing and what he would do on offense to counter it. Then blasting the Coaching staff for still running the ball.

He more than once referenced how much talent was on the team, and even stated that he would hold Bowe accountable for drops like the one he made and made it sound like Crennel was not, but he would.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    reports are saying that clark is personally doing the HC hunt, and leaving the say to the HC if they want to take personnel control and have pioli manage the storage closet costs, or if they cannot work with pioli they will replace pioli with the HC's interaction and opinions along with clark

aka this screams cowher, gruden, reid type coaches

I hope this is true no matter who they get for HC , as long as they fix the offense.

interview on clark about an hour ago on 810 he said he is doing the search and the HC will report directly to him. At that point the HC will sit down with pioli and see if an agreement can be made, if not then more personal changes could be made.

Pioli is castrated at this point, he will run numbers and make sure the secretaries aren't using to much ink, other than that he's out of KC

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    interview on clark about an hour ago on 810 he said he is doing the search and the HC will report directly to him. At that point the HC will sit down with pioli and see if an agreement can be made, if not then more personal changes could be made.

Pioli is castrated at this point, he will run numbers and make sure the secretaries aren't using to much ink, other than that he's out of KC
    in other words demoted. and his ego might say im outta here

I think this "Pioli is under review" crap and Hunt saying he will personally hire the new Head Coach tells us that Hunt would like to keep Pioli but that if he finds what he considers the right coach he will not lose that coach because Pioli is here. I think he is simply telling prospective Head Coaches that if they would like the job but Pioli is a problem, then Pioli is out the door.

As to some of the big names in coaches.....there are lots of reasons why some of the big names wouldn't want to come to KC, but there is one very big reason that a lot of guys might LOVE to come here.

Head Coaches tend to have big egos. (RC excepted) To be a successful head coach I think you pretty much have to think you are the smartest guy out there. That takes a big ego. And turning around a team that is as much of a mess as our Chiefs would turn most any coach into a virtual legend.

If Hunt is smart and "sells" the job the right way...."This is your chance to establish yourself as one of the best coaches to ever" I think he could a pretty wide array of coaches to choose from.

Meanwhile, I'd still like to see Mart involved with the Chiefs in some way next years.....though not as coack I don't think.

I would rather have a defensive minded coach with a strong OC.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123