Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clark's statement this morning

Default Clark's statement this morning

Here is the Chiefs statement from Clark Hunt, who says he was "embarrassed" by the Chiefs play this season:
    "I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally," Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. "He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

"However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

"Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team - both next season and in the seasons to come - and our entire organization appreciates their support."

No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

encouraging
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think Pioli's firing is based on two things.

1. Who we can get as coach with Pioli at the helm
    2. Who we can get at GM that could bring in a coach of the caliber we need.
    Agreed. If Clark's statement holds some truth, my guess is that Clark is keeping Pioli around to pick his brain one final time, the same way that Pioli held Herm Edwards around to "evaluate talent". Edwards, despite going 2-14, wasn't canned immediately.

My worry is what if Clark's statement doesn't hold water. Would his idea of a better product be taking the next Pioli/NE expressway HC candidate, and raising parking fees & concession prices? This would be a serious blow to the fanbase, I'd think.

If pioli is not fired and they hire another cannon fodder head coach the disconnect between us as fans, kc as a city, and the chiefs nation will be to huge to ever rebuild. I believe clark knows this the hunt family sees it. Time to bring in a real leader and i feel clark is done watching others run this franchise i.e. carl and scott. It seems like hes going to roll his sleeves up and start building on what remains of his fathers legacy

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    If pioli is not fired and they hire another cannon fodder head coach the disconnect between us as fans, kc as a city, and the chiefs nation will be to huge to ever rebuild. I believe clark knows this the hunt family sees it. Time to bring in a real leader and i feel clark is done watching others run this franchise i.e. carl and scott. It seems like hes going to roll his sleeves up and start building on what remains of his fathers legacy
    Let us hope this is the case. This season was a huge embarrassment.

the GM's and HC's are fallin' like flies today
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    the GM's and HC's are fallin' like flies today
    ...As well, I'm sure, they should. KC needs to follow suit.

I think Pioli is plan B. If he is retained he will be stripped of his duties of General and is now just a manager. I do believe the next HC will have more personnel power and it will be Pioli's job to work out the contracts. Pioli will be paid regardess of him being release so why pay two people to manage the contracts. Now if they hire a HC that does not work well with Piolio. Plan they will hire a different GM.

From what I have heard and this is rumor from a guy who knows a guy who worked for the Chiefs. Pioli uncovered a scandal on the business side of the operations and spent the last two years cleaning house saving the Hunts a lot of money and bad PR.

Most of the talk about people not wanting to work for Pioli are the people he canned as a result of this scandal. They are going to the media with as much information as they can to make Pioli look bad. It is because of this, he is not canned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think Pioli is plan B. If he is retained he will be stripped of his duties of General and is now just a manager. I do believe the next HC will have more personnel power and it will be Pioli's job to work out the contracts. Pioli will be paid regardess of him being release so why pay two people to manage the contracts. Now if they hire a HC that does not work well with Piolio. Plan they will hire a different GM.

From what I have heard and this is rumor from a guy who knows a guy who worked for the Chiefs. Pioli uncovered a scandal on the business side of the operations and spent the last two years cleaning house saving the Hunts a lot of money and bad PR.

Most of the talk about people not wanting to work for Pioli are the people he canned as a result of this scandal. They are going to the media with as much information as they can to make Pioli look bad. It is because of this, he is not canned yet.

What does this have to do with football? Pioli is a shrewd jerk and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    What does this have to do with football? Pioli is a shrewd jerk and everyone knows it.
    I don't know if he's a jerk or not I've never met the man so not everyone goes off the opinons of the media who have a clear ax to grind with him as he was not as media friendly as CP was for years. They have a reason to think he's a jerek he made there job harder so I can't trust there opinion 100%
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Finally ! Thank you Mr. Hunt for putting this out there and showing that you see what we see and care about it.

Love how he added possibly more changes to come.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast