Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clark's statement this morning

Default Clark's statement this morning

Here is the Chiefs statement from Clark Hunt, who says he was "embarrassed" by the Chiefs play this season:
    "I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally," Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. "He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

"However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

"Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team - both next season and in the seasons to come - and our entire organization appreciates their support."

Why could he be a voice during the season?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

That statement makes me think Pioli will be fired (maybe wishful thinking) guess only time will tell. I'm glad Clark feels embarrassed, he should this team is pathetic. 26 passing yards against a division rival is sickening! Please Clark look at th big picture and the record Pioli has as your GM then act accordingly!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Why could he be a voice during the season?
    The HC is normally the "voice" during the season. Now that the season is over and the HC is fired, the GM should be the "voice" at this time. The fact that Clark is speaking for the team doesn't bode well for Pioli.
    SHUT IT

Very happy to get this news MUCH needed. And I'm really happy to here Clark be so vocal about just how bad this team is
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think Pioli's firing is based on two things.

1. Who we can get as coach with Pioli at the helm
    2. Who we can get at GM that could bring in a coach of the caliber we need.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think Pioli's firing is based on two things.

1. Who we can get as coach with Pioli at the helm
    2. Who we can get at GM that could bring in a coach of the caliber we need.

But anything is a step up from Pioli. Inept coaching staffs, the worst offense/passing attack in the league. Even the CB he drafts are dreadful.

Hire Joe Blow and he could do a better job.

Here's the key words to Clark's statement:

"I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs."

We'll see how this plays out, but it doesn't look like Pioli is going to be picking the next HC, if Clark is a man of his word.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Here's the key words to Clark's statement:

"I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs."

We'll see how this plays out, but it doesn't look like Pioli is going to be picking the next HC, if Clark is a man of his word.
    I don't think that's a good sign for Pioli either
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast