Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh no, not Geno!

Hybrid View

Default Oh no, not Geno!

With the first overall pick, the Chiefs select..... Jarvis Jones, beast of the LB out of Georgia.

Trade our 2nd rd pick to Washington for Kirk Cousins.

I know we need a QB, and drafting Geno or any other QB this year with the first overall pick would be a big mistake. If we offered our #34 overall, that's more than anyone else other than the Jags #33, without giving up a 1st rd pick for him (which I think is too high). Since the Redskins gave up 3 draft picks for RGIII, they should be looking to stock-up on a few picks, and our 2nd should be more than enough.

I say next year I think the Chiefs should go back to running a 4-3. We have been doing this 3-4 stuff for a few years, and our defense has always at the bottom of the league. We could drop Tamba down to DE, and have Houston, Johnson, (Jarvis Jones) as our 3 LB's. We'd still need a DT to accompany Poe.

I know it's way too early to do a real mock draft, but I've been a Chiefs fan all my life (26) and I'm tired of seeing losing season after losing season, and always saying "There's always next year".

Any thoughts?!

Geno may be a risk, but there is nothing to say he couldnt also be the best to ever play! He is a football "bookworm". Why or how could anyone not be excited about his NFL potential. If Tom Brady could be Tom Brady, Geno Smith could be GOD? Depends how it works out, but if you dont ever gamble a bit.....you end up exactly where the Chiefs are now
    which is NOWHERE!

not a bad idea but Dj wasn't so good in the 43 earlier in his career.

My advice is, if it isn't broken...don't fix it.

Right now our linebackers have a good chemistry going inbetween them. My hopes are the front office doesn't destroy it the way they destroyed the good chemistry our secondary used to have.

Our problems are on the offensive side of the ball. I'd rather see us draft two QB's and make a serious attempt at solving the problem there plus depth, and draft another center while we're at it.

I don't have QB I endorse in the draft yet, however, it's time for this organization to do something different and draft whoever is determined to be the best QB. After watching this dog and pony show all year there is no position that will have more impact on this team. I don't think Cousins would have the impact of a Wilson or Smith or dark horse once all the scouting is finished on this years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I don't have QB I endorse in the draft yet, however, it's time for this organization to do something different and draft whoever is determined to be the best QB. After watching this dog and pony show all year there is no position that will have more impact on this team. I don't think Cousins would have the impact of a Wilson or Smith or dark horse once all the scouting is finished on this years draft.

i dont know why everybody is so high on kirk cousins. he has played one game in a high potent offense . taking another teams backup to be our starter is what got us in this mess in the first place

We need to stick to the 3/4 thats how weve been drafting moving hali and houston to d end looking for two new olbs another d tackle not fair leave the d alone

No on trading away our picks for a qb that has played 1 game in the NFL. At 2-14, we should be stockpiling picks - not trading them away. The drafts best QB will be available to us with the 33rd pick.
    SHUT IT

Don't think Jarvis is declaring. But I like him. Looks like Teo!!! And I'm happy with that.

What about Ogletree from Georgia ,not w/ the first pick, instead of Teo ?

He looked pretty dang good against Nebraska and in the other games i watched this year. Also, he's good at getting to the qb , especially for a ILB/MLB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast