Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid

Default Andy Reid

Just confirmed andy will interview in kc today then fly to arizona to interview there

The two possible GM candidates mentioned by ESPN are Tom Heckert and John Dorsey.
    Heckert has been connected to Reid dating back to their time together in Philadelphia. Heckert was most recently the Browns GM, where he was fired on Monday.
    The Cleveland Plain-Dealer and NFL.com have both reported that Reid plans to bring Heckert with him to his next job, but the ESPN report states that Reid did not "demand" that to the Chiefs.
    Dorsey is the Packers director of operations and his name has come up in various GM jobs around the league.
    Here's what the ESPN report said about those two:
    The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

The two possible GM candidates mentioned by ESPN are Tom Heckert and John Dorsey.
    Heckert has been connected to Reid dating back to their time together in Philadelphia. Heckert was most recently the Browns GM, where he was fired on Monday.
    The Cleveland Plain-Dealer and NFL.com have both reported that Reid plans to bring Heckert with him to his next job, but the ESPN report states that Reid did not "demand" that to the Chiefs.
    Dorsey is the Packers director of operations and his name has come up in various GM jobs around the league.
    Here's what the ESPN report said about those two: The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

I'll be honest , i have no idea who'd make a good or great GM. If they bring in someone i'm good ,means pioli is gone.

If they decide to keep pioli and he has nothing to do w/ the football side and
    his only job is to work out contracts w/ whomever they tell him to i guess i'd be okay with that too.
    Last edited by swochief; 01-03-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Regardless of who the GM ends up being, we know that if Reid is officially announced as HC that Pioli can kiss his a$$ goodbye.

No way that Reid can work in the same organization as Pioli.

In fact, I suspect that one of Hunts selling points to Reid was to let him pick who the GM was going to be.

Reid and Hunt have already worked out the major points of the deal. which I hope includes Pioli. I did not see or hear about Reid insisting Heckert be a part of the deal. but im bettin' Hunt is.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Now reports coming out saying Reid never said they are a package deal. I'd rather have the guy they are mentioning from Green Bay than this guy. But either is an upgrade. Actually we could bring Pee Wee Herman in as GM and he would prob do a better job than Pioli.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    Since its lookin like a done deal for Reid /Heckert anyone hearing about his assistants ?

Is he gonna just bring what he had in Philly or others ? Reid has got a long list of them that have worked for and or want to work with him , from everything i keep hearing.

I've heard possibilities could include brad Childress for oc and his offensive line coach from Philly (forgot his name). Sure you can probably speculate about anyone he's worked with who is looking for a job though. Pretty sure they're just gonna overhaul the whole staff if Reid had his way which at this point, he could probably ask to be gm and president too and hunt would allow it.

reid has NOT insisted on heckert, in fact they are waiting on the packers director of operations as a possible GM
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I live in Jersey (From KC) so I have been to several Eagles games as well as know many fans. The Eagles are a dirty organization. I hate the Coaches, players, fans etc.

I hope he doesn't bring that attitude to KC. Having that said. He can build a team. The Eagles are always contenders, except this year. Smart move hiring him. I really hope he is successful picking a Quarterback in the draft. Since McNabb it has been a roller coaster ride in Philly. I think we can let him slide on the Vick mistake. I thought Vick was going to be back after that first season as well when they got him cheap.

I hope they do not get the o line coach from Philly last season. Their o line was pretty bad. I say bring in Norv for OC, although doubt he would come here. But he COULD help us stomp SD 2 times a year. For Dc I'd like to try to steal away a higher up positioning coach from San Fran or maybe Seattle?
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!