Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid

Default Andy Reid

Just confirmed andy will interview in kc today then fly to arizona to interview there

I'm not too excited about Juan Castillo at DC. There are many people I think would do better. I mean the guy has what one and a half years experience as DC. He was an OL coach originally.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I'm not too excited about Juan Castillo at DC. There are many people I think would do better. I mean the guy has what one and a half years experience as DC. He was an OL coach originally.
    Yeah that doesn't make much sense. I thougt Gibbs did a fine job when he took over.

I am getting more reluctant of this news each moment. I mean when old Pro-bowl players like J. Trotter basically calls Reid out saying that he was successful because of the cast around him, more noteable living off the attacking defense of Jim Johnson and that the team has faultered dramatically after the passing of Jim Johnson has me concerned. Trotter said the only good thing Reid did was draft McNabb. Then went on basically throwing him under the bus saying he will be out coached in big games which cost them games, and while on the side line knew that the defense would have to win the game because he clock management was going to put them in a spot.

I mean I don't remember the Eagles for their offense. Their defense was pretty stout and great players left that defense year after year to be a bust on other teams while that defense stayed Strong only to have those same players go back to Philly after they failed. I mean Shawn Barber is one of those guyes. Hey ended up going back to being an intern coach for the Eagles.

That being said, I do remember a Sunday night game against Philly and the crowd was all pumped up. We were going to receive the kick off and go right downt he fields and score because DV was still here. Reid onside kicked the opening kick off, got the ball and went right down and scored. Completely ruined my mood, took the crowd out of the game. We never got our feet under us again and we lost that game. I would say he out coached us that game.

To say he out coaches the chiefs...well that's what every team can say.

I believe Reid is worthy of a fair chance in KC. It's a fresh new start for him in KC and there is a stable of decent young ball players already there. Also, if there's a HC candidate that can fix their pathetic offense and find a quality QB, I'd have to say Reid is as good a candidate as any.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

I was wondering if that was the guy.

Only way Reid needs to be thinking about Castillo is O-line. I'm not sure if he is better than the line coach we had last year tho ,not sure he's still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am getting more reluctant of this news each moment. I mean when old Pro-bowl players like J. Trotter basically calls Reid out saying that he was successful because of the cast around him, more noteable living off the attacking defense of Jim Johnson and that the team has faultered dramatically after the passing of Jim Johnson has me concerned. Trotter said the only good thing Reid did was draft McNabb. Then went on basically throwing him under the bus saying he will be out coached in big games which cost them games, and while on the side line knew that the defense would have to win the game because he clock management was going to put them in a spot.

I mean I don't remember the Eagles for their offense. Their defense was pretty stout and great players left that defense year after year to be a bust on other teams while that defense stayed Strong only to have those same players go back to Philly after they failed. I mean Shawn Barber is one of those guyes. Hey ended up going back to being an intern coach for the Eagles.

That being said, I do remember a Sunday night game against Philly and the crowd was all pumped up. We were going to receive the kick off and go right downt he fields and score because DV was still here. Reid onside kicked the opening kick off, got the ball and went right down and scored. Completely ruined my mood, took the crowd out of the game. We never got our feet under us again and we lost that game. I would say he out coached us that game.

It is a big upgrade over what we have, we finally have a guy who has ran a franchise, and the most important thing, he has brought in qb's and developed them.

I won't talk about which qb we should take because I trust andy reid to make that decision. Unless it's Cassel, if it's Cassel then I must declare war again.

Can we get the ink on the paper already?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Can we get the ink on the paper already?
    right now its hurry up and wait
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    right now its hurry up and wait
    Yeah - I know Reid use to coach in Arizona and has a house in California. I just want to see this DONE!
    Actually, I'm kinda surprised Reid didn't decide to test the waters more - these opportunities don't come up everyday. I got to hand it to Clark if he gets this done.
    SHUT IT