Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid

Default Andy Reid

Just confirmed andy will interview in kc today then fly to arizona to interview there

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Although I'm not sold on Reid 100% - a red flag for me is the fact that Eagles fans aren't complaining about his dismissal - I do think that the Chiefs' front office is heading in the right direction. Our passing offense needs some help, and we're getting a coach that has a good history of developing QB's. And he's getting the #1 draft pick.
    He was worn out in Philly. Of course the fans were ready for him to go. It's been 14 years for them. We were ready for Marty to go in 1997 after only 10 years. It happens.

Reid wasn't my first choice but, all things considered, I think he is the right choice for the Chiefs. I just hope he can quickly fix the mess that Pioli created and get us competitive fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I think now that Cleveland signed Chip Kelly he may want Geno to run his spread offense. Well trade with em!!!
    They haven't signed Kelly. He still has interviews with Buffalo and PHilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    They haven't signed Kelly. He still has interviews with Buffalo and PHilly.

That and dont think its a gaurantee he's makin the jump just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    That and dont think its a gaurantee he's makin the jump just yet.
    He'll make the jump. NCAA investigation coming to Oregon.
    SHUT IT

He was worn out in Philly. Of course the fans were ready for him to go. It's been 14 years for them. We were ready for Marty to go in 1997 after only 10 years. It happens.

Reid wasn't my first choice but, all things considered, I think he is the right choice for the Chiefs. I just hope he can quickly fix the mess that Pioli created and get us competitive fast.
    To me, it seems this hiring of Reid is very much parallel to the Rams hiring of Jeff Fisher. Things had gone stale for Fisher in Tenn. & he helped the Rams improve this past season. They were a tough opponent for the teams within their NFC West division, losing only to Seattle in the season final.

If I recall correctly, Philly was always a tough opponent for other teams within the NFC East under Reid, and lets hope he makes the the Chiefs a tough opponent for other teams within the AFC West. They certainly haven't been as of late.

...This, There are a couple of other coaches I would have liked to see in that position but the chances of them coming here were close to zero. I think Clark struck while the iron was hot and I give credit for not letting Reid get on that plane to Arizona or San Diego.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...a-2ce24c68a070
    Last edited by Chiefster; 01-05-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...This, There are a couple of other coaches I would have liked to see in that position but the chances of them coming here were close to zero. I think Clark struck while the iron was hot and I give credit for not letting Reid get on that plane to Arizona or San Diego.
    Clark got my utmost respect for doing this & he got my respect the old-fashioned way -- he earned it.

Clark has thrown out the nepotism, and gotten some real football men in the front office. The political zoo under Pioli is out, and building a football team is back in.

Reid wasn't even on my radar as the next HC of the Chiefs. I didn't know he had ties with Dick Vermeil & I thought he'd go elsewhere. We can thank Dick Vermeil's influence for this issue getting settled less than a week after the 2012 season ended & nobody saw that coming at this time last week.

Certainly wishing the best for Andy Reid in his new endeavor as the Chiefs HC & hope that he'll find a quality QB and get the Chiefs Offense back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Clark got my utmost respect for doing this & he got my respect the old-fashioned way -- he earned it.

Clark has thrown out the nepotism, and gotten some real football men in the front office. The political zoo under Pioli is out, and building a football team is back in.

Reid wasn't even on my radar as the next HC of the Chiefs. I didn't know he had ties with Dick Vermeil & I thought he'd go elsewhere. We can thank Dick Vermeil's influence for this issue getting settled less than a week after the 2012 season ended & nobody saw that coming at this time last week.

Certainly wishing the best for Andy Reid in his new endeavor as the Chiefs HC & hope that he'll find a quality QB and get the Chiefs Offense back on track.

Absolutely! To say that Reid is an upgrade to what we had the last few years is the understatement of the century!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

And it looks as he's gonna get his wish for GM. The director of pro personnel at green bay's wife is a graduate of KU, her law firm that she works for is based in KC. So there's a distinct tie to the area and Reid. I also didn't realize he was the OL coach for mizzou in the late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    And it looks as he's gonna get his wish for GM. The director of pro personnel at green bay's wife is a graduate of KU, her law firm that she works for is based in KC. So there's a distinct tie to the area and Reid. I also didn't realize he was the OL coach for mizzou in the late 80s.
    I read that elsewhere, also. I had said before that the Chiefs should look up north to GB for a GM candidate.

So it could wind up with Dorsey as the GM and Heckert as the director of player personnel & with Reid as the new HC, it's a great start to this offseason.