Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid

Default Andy Reid

Just confirmed andy will interview in kc today then fly to arizona to interview there

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    The way Clark reacted with going tI serif before he could see anyone else makes me think about the reports when PM was cut by the colts last season and they said an owner/GM showed up at the Indy airport to talk to him. I wonder if it was Clark/Pioli? Oh well, glad our future appears brighter. Let's get a solid GM who can really evaluate talent in here and were ginna be peaking right about the time Manning is retiring!
    The rumor was that Clark, Romeo and Pioli flew to meet Manning, but for whatever reason, he wasnt interested in us.

This is a nice intro to Andy Reid done by one of the guys on the Eagles Sports Nation site. Definitely worth a reid.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ide-to-big-red

Here are a couple of things I found interesting:

1. Pass rushing DEs, CBs, and O-line concentrations when it comes to free agency and draft picks.

2. The Chiefs will be converting on defense AGAIN, back to a 4-3, which now means keeping Glenn Dorsey is vital to the success of that defensive front and outright releasing Tyson Jackson will probably come to fruition.

3. Reid likes to move around during draft day. This is VERY big news for the Chiefs who have been hemorrhaging value in the draft for the better part of a decade. Understanding WHO you want in the draft and WHERE they should be drafted is one of the biggest keys to sustained success in the NFL.

4. Reid runs a version of the West Coast Offense, which is all about dink and dunk passes, screens, and then accurate long-balls with very few mid-range passing. Add to the fact that this is the same guy who drafted a mobile QB in Donovan McNabb and then signed another one in Mike Vick can only lead you to believe that Geno Smith is going to be the next QB of the Kansas City Chiefs. Smith was very successful in this type of offense.

5. There seems to be a defensive blind-spot in Andy Reid's vision of the NFL. He is going to need to bring in a 4-3 defensive guru if the Chiefs are going to successfully convert a solid 3-4 defense into a better 4-3 defense. Monte Kiffen does not seem like the right guy for the job to me.

Default geno really??

Here are a couple of things I found interesting:

1. Pass rushing DEs, CBs, and O-line concentrations when it comes to free agency and draft picks.

2. The Chiefs will be converting on defense AGAIN, back to a 4-3, which now means keeping Glenn Dorsey is vital to the success of that defensive front and outright releasing Tyson Jackson will probably come to fruition.

3. Reid likes to move around during draft day. This is VERY big news for the Chiefs who have been hemorrhaging value in the draft for the better part of a decade. Understanding WHO you want in the draft and WHERE they should be drafted is one of the biggest keys to sustained success in the NFL.

4. Reid runs a version of the West Coast Offense, which is all about dink and dunk passes, screens, and then accurate long-balls with very few mid-range passing. Add to the fact that this is the same guy who drafted a mobile QB in Donovan McNabb and then signed another one in Mike Vick can only lead you to believe that Geno Smith is going to be the next QB of the Kansas City Chiefs. Smith was very successful in this type of offense.

5. There seems to be a defensive blind-spot in Andy Reid's vision of the NFL. He is going to need to bring in a 4-3 defensive guru if the Chiefs are going to successfully convert a solid 3-4 defense into a better 4-3 defense. Monte Kiffen does not seem like the right guy for the job to me.[/quote]

No way we draft geno smith...

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Although I'm not sold on Reid 100% - a red flag for me is the fact that Eagles fans aren't complaining about his dismissal - I do think that the Chiefs' front office is heading in the right direction. Our passing offense needs some help, and we're getting a coach that has a good history of developing QB's. And he's getting the #1 draft pick.
    Well, I think one thing about that is how high he set the BAR. After years of winning, two losing seasons and the fans have soured on him.

I don't recall many Chiefs Fans being upset Marty left either, but many of us realize now what we lost.

I'm not so hip on this fire I really wish they would've got somebody younger and more hungrier than he is. We will see what happens but I don't have high hopes for a Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I'm not so hip on this fire I really wish they would've got somebody younger and more hungrier than he is. We will see what happens but I don't have high hopes for a Chiefs
    I think we got someone who has lit of experience (playoffs included) who prob has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he can do it again somewhere else. And I think a fresh start somewhere new for him will be a good thing for both parties involved.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaChief4 View Post
    No way we draft geno smith...
    I wish you were right...

I'm not going to be excited until this team starts winning. We were all pumped after Pioli (the hottest GM candidate) came to town and it amounted to nothing.

This is a fanbase that gets more excited about firing people and starting over than anything else, because that's all we have to root for.

Good, I'm glad big names are coming in. Now just friggin win. That's all.

guess i can put this away
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm not going to be excited until this team starts winning. We were all pumped after Pioli (the hottest GM candidate) came to town and it amounted to nothing.

This is a fanbase that gets more excited about firing people and starting over than anything else, because that's all we have to root for.

Good, I'm glad big names are coming in. Now just friggin win. That's all.
    For the record, I was against the very idea of hiring Pioli, let alone the actual act. The biggest reason was because I knew he was going to try and come in here and "rebuild" a team that had just undergone a rebuild. He tried to force this defense into a 3-4 when they had no business doing so considering the Chiefs had just spent so many resources building a 4-3. It's frustrating to see the Chiefs go back to a 4-3 after spending resources on a 3-4 defense like Jackson and Poe. While Poe can transition to a 4-3, there's not much room for Tyson Jackson who will be on track to make 14mil this season. Additionally, the DL may lose Glenn Dorsey. Kinda sucks. Not to mention, we don't have a true DE opposite Hali. Houston will probably stay at OLB.

You could just see Pioli's first 4 or 5 years would be an absolute waste. If the Chiefs has stayed with the 4-3 and directed their resources to upgrading the offense and building off what they already had in place on defense, we wouldn't be talking about another rebuild coming in the form of Andy Reid.

Pioli will go down as one of the worst decisions in the history of the organization... not because he was incapable, but because of what he tried to do with the team he inherited.