Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid

Default Andy Reid

Just confirmed andy will interview in kc today then fly to arizona to interview there

I think now that Cleveland signed Chip Kelly he may want Geno to run his spread offense. Well trade with em!!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

We'd get their 2nd round pick and they'd get our 4th to pull it off. I'd be excited about that move. A small slide down to #6 would put us in a more palatable position to get a QB. The best 4-3 DE would probably still be available there as well while giving us 2 early 2nd round picks to address the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    We'd get their 2nd round pick and they'd get our 4th to pull it off. I'd be excited about that move. A small slide down to #6 would put us in a more palatable position to get a QB. The best 4-3 DE would probably still be available there as well while giving us 2 early 2nd round picks to address the QB position.
    Yeah that would be great. De with the 6 pick then qb with our second and cb or wr with their 2nd
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

done

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Well I was not to high on the hire but I think he is an okay hire. He does have a good record 130-93 that is better than we have since 1999 and his playoff wins are impressive also.
    Andy Reid's Playoff Record Shows Why He Such A Hot Commodity [SPORTS CHART OF THE DAY] - Business Insider

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well, I think one thing about that is how high he set the BAR. After years of winning, two losing seasons and the fans have soured on him.

I don't recall many Chiefs Fans being upset Marty left either, but many of us realize now what we lost.
    I'm hoping that's the case. There's going to be some good from Reid coming to KC. He'll definitely have a more disciplined team than Herm or Romeo fielded. Not the "come stand by me when you fumble" type of discipline, either. I think he'll do a better job of developing a QB than many of the coaches we've had in the past, except for maybe Dick Vermeil.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I'm hoping that's the case. There's going to be some good from Reid coming to KC. He'll definitely have a more disciplined team than Herm or Romeo fielded. Not the "come stand by me when you fumble" type of discipline, either. I think he'll do a better job of developing a QB than many of the coaches we've had in the past, except for maybe Dick Vermeil.
    Sooo what if Andy reid decides Matt cassel has the talent. Soft schedule or not Charlie Weis got Matt cassel to the pro bowl. What if the rookie can't beat out Matt cassel for the starting job. From what I understand Matt Cassels money will be a substantial hit to the salary cap. So cutting him may not be an option this year.

I say keep Matt. Draft qb 2nd rd. Or 3rd. K etc email battle it out.

I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm for Reid. Were there potential coaches I would have liked to have had better than Reid?

SURE!

Do I think any of them would have come to KC?

No.....No WAY. Not in a millions years.

I think Reid was the very best HC we had any chance of getting.

So I am glad we did.

And lets look at Reid.

Winning history? HELL YES!!!!

Offensive-minded coach in an NFL that is always becoming offense-oriented? NO DOUBT!

Experience bringing up new Quarterbacks? ABSOLUTELY!

Reid has most everything our team needs.

The glaring weakness is that Defense is not what he does. He's all about offense....just like his buddy DV.

If he brings in a QUALITY defensive coordinator then there is no reason Reid can't make us a top tier competitive team again.