Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

I'd rather stay at a 3-4. DJ's best seasons are in that defense, Hali is just as good as OLB in a 3-4 maybe better than he is as an undersized DE in a 4-3, Houston is a 3-4 OLB and I'm not sure if he's played in a 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Is monte kiffin a tampa 2 guy? If so i dont want him. I undecided if we shoukd stick with the 34 or go to 4-3. All of our dline and hali were 4-3 guys before. We could have hali, poe,dorsey,jackson and houstin, dj, rookie or houston, monte teo (r), dj. I think we can trade back into 1st round to get a qb. Im mixed about that as well. Its a sucky year to suck.
    Dorsey and maybe Poe are the only guys who translate we'll to a 4-3 on the DL. There is no guarantee Dorsey will be back too. Jackson would not fit in at all in a 4-3.

Hali was undersized before he lost weight to move to LB. he could go back to DE, but he would have to start bulking up now.

Houston has always been too small to be a DE, he will likely play OLB, probably weak side.

That leaves us with one DE and one OLB spot that has to be filled. DE are hard to find and the good ones cost $$$.

Switching to a 4-3 means we need a DE, OLB, CB, and at least depth at safety, if not a new FS. That's in addition to QBs, WRs, RB, and a backup G/C.

Sticking to a 3-4, though, means on D we don't need a DE, and the 2nd ILB position in a 3-4 is something that can be filled with a mid-late round pick or a mid level free agent, especially since he would rarely be on the field in passing situations. Heck, I'd be satisfied with keeping Siler as the starter for this season.

Moving to a 4-3, in my opinion, would result in a rebuild that takes a couple of years. I'd rather see us stick to a 3-4 and focus on rebuilding the offense.

Yeah id be ok either way. Just dont want to have a tampa 2 defense. Not sure if thats what monte kiffin coaches or not. Besides the way the nfl is going dont think were be in our base 3-4 anyways. Plus 3-4 has more speed then a 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Dorsey and maybe Poe are the only guys who translate we'll to a 4-3 on the DL. There is no guarantee Dorsey will be back too. Jackson would not fit in at all in a 4-3.

Hali was undersized before he lost weight to move to LB. he could go back to DE, but he would have to start bulking up now.

Houston has always been too small to be a DE, he will likely play OLB, probably weak side.

That leaves us with one DE and one OLB spot that has to be filled. DE are hard to find and the good ones cost $$$.

Switching to a 4-3 means we need a DE, OLB, CB, and at least depth at safety, if not a new FS. That's in addition to QBs, WRs, RB, and a backup G/C.

Sticking to a 3-4, though, means on D we don't need a DE, and the 2nd ILB position in a 3-4 is something that can be filled with a mid-late round pick or a mid level free agent, especially since he would rarely be on the field in passing situations. Heck, I'd be satisfied with keeping Siler as the starter for this season.

Moving to a 4-3, in my opinion, would result in a rebuild that takes a couple of years. I'd rather see us stick to a 3-4 and focus on rebuilding the offense.
    That is the way I see it also. Leave the D alone this year at least, I hear he likes to blitz and to me it is easier to blitz from the 3-4 instead of the 4-3 there are more places to bring the blitz from.

If Monte Kiffin does come in, will it help that Berry played for him in Tenn.?

Also on the Tampa 2-was not Flowers drafted for that scheme by Herm?

Just questions fellas-go

Yes flowers was but he can play in any sheme. I wouldnt be against taking teo with the first pic then our lbs wohld be one of the top in the league with hali, dj, teo, Houston. Our front 7 would all be high picks houston being the lowest at 3rd pick but was 1sr rd talent.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yeah id be ok either way. Just dont want to have a tampa 2 defense. Not sure if thats what monte kiffin coaches or not. Besides the way the nfl is going dont think were be in our base 3-4 anyways. Plus 3-4 has more speed then a 4-3.
    Kiffin I believe created the Tampa 2 when he was the DC for Dungy in Tampa.

I have heard Ray Horton also mentioned as a possibility.

we do have personel that can transition to a 4-3, we need only a MLB, but also need an ILB for the 3-4. most of our current NT will become DT's along with jackson and dorsey. tamba would move to DE, houston would probably move to OLB or even DE? but more likely OLB. studebaker, bailey, siler, also at DE. not to say we won't need an upgrade at the DE but wehave needed help in the middle for years too. the poe[powe]s may both be better suited at DT w/their speed and size so the change is very doable. although any change on read assignments may take nearly a whole season for them to get comfortable with it
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Keep the 3-4 less holes but they must spend money on a cb that plays press man to man. Really this d is suited for namndi asamouh. He was put into a horrible scheme for him in philly he needs tp use his size not play checkers.. Not saying i want namndi but thats the type we need, maybe with the jets salary issues and revis wanted to rework his contract, trade our number one pick to jets for there first and revis?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    we do have personel that can transition to a 4-3, we need only a MLB, but also need an ILB for the 3-4. most of our current NT will become DT's along with jackson and dorsey. tamba would move to DE, houston would probably move to OLB or even DE? but more likely OLB. studebaker, bailey, siler, also at DE. not to say we won't need an upgrade at the DE but wehave needed help in the middle for years too. the poe[powe]s may both be better suited at DT w/their speed and size so the change is very doable. although any change on read assignments may take nearly a whole season for them to get comfortable with it
    DJ would play MLB...Houston would be a DE.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast