Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

Gunther Cunningham. Let's get the band back together.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Yeah i saw that report about rob ryans teams but was the records because of his defense or the teams offense.

If we stay with the 3-4 then i would take a hard look at him.

Lets put it this way we were the 8th worse scoring defense giving up 425 points and Dallas was 9th giving up 400 points. In 2011 Dallas was 17th worse giving up 347 and we were 21st giving up 338. I know there are other things than scoring defense but to me that is the bottom line for defenses.

How do you all feel about rob Ryan. Team was decimated by injuries five starters, 2 backups. He got the short end if you ask me? How Garrett gets to keep his job is kinda strange.

Hey nigeriannightmar. Do you realize you asking a question that is already being discussed if you read the post before yours? Its on the subject then you ask about him again. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Hey nigeriannightmar. Do you realize you asking a question that is already being discussed if you read the post before yours? Its on the subject then you ask about him again. Just curious.
    That

Nope didn't even see it. That's what a bottle of rumpy does to you the night before. My bad boys and girls wasn't even remotely paying attention. Yeah I don't think I want him either. How many times can you get fired from a job. It's not because he's a standout employee for sure.

I will give him one thing he does make great sound bights for the media. I have watched him here in Dallas the last two years and his defense has never struck me as anything special. To have never coached on a winning team is strange.

Is there anyone in pittburg that we can pick to be our def cord? There 3-4 and i always liked there blitz happy def.

Hi, I'm an Andy Reid fan from Philly and a new Chiefs fan (started another thread about that). Let me chime in on Rob Ryan, who was a def coordinator in my Eagles' division. He's not an Andy Reid guy. Reid just had a bad experience with Jim Washburn, a loud mouth, opinionated, old school defensive coach. He fired him and won't go through that again. Not saying that Rob Ryan is a bad guy, but he doesn't strike me as some one who would march in line with coach Reid. His dad punched an offensive coordinator once on national TV because he was throwing too much. The Ryan brothers are a lot like their dad. If Reid wants to open up the offense and move the ball up and down the field, he doesn't want to be arguing with an opinionated, old school defensive coordinator who will want him to run the ball to burn time off the clock. Rob Ryan might turn out to be a good coach for some one, but he's not an Andy Reid type of guy, imo.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast