Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 92

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SW Oklahoma
    Posts
    242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Default Who for Defensive Coordinator


    0 Not allowed!
    what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    785
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'd rather stay at a 3-4. DJ's best seasons are in that defense, Hali is just as good as OLB in a 3-4 maybe better than he is as an undersized DE in a 4-3, Houston is a 3-4 OLB and I'm not sure if he's played in a 4-3

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,203
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 142

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Is monte kiffin a tampa 2 guy? If so i dont want him. I undecided if we shoukd stick with the 34 or go to 4-3. All of our dline and hali were 4-3 guys before. We could have hali, poe,dorsey,jackson and houstin, dj, rookie or houston, monte teo (r), dj. I think we can trade back into 1st round to get a qb. Im mixed about that as well. Its a sucky year to suck.
    Dorsey and maybe Poe are the only guys who translate we'll to a 4-3 on the DL. There is no guarantee Dorsey will be back too. Jackson would not fit in at all in a 4-3.

    Hali was undersized before he lost weight to move to LB. he could go back to DE, but he would have to start bulking up now.

    Houston has always been too small to be a DE, he will likely play OLB, probably weak side.

    That leaves us with one DE and one OLB spot that has to be filled. DE are hard to find and the good ones cost $$$.

    Switching to a 4-3 means we need a DE, OLB, CB, and at least depth at safety, if not a new FS. That's in addition to QBs, WRs, RB, and a backup G/C.

    Sticking to a 3-4, though, means on D we don't need a DE, and the 2nd ILB position in a 3-4 is something that can be filled with a mid-late round pick or a mid level free agent, especially since he would rarely be on the field in passing situations. Heck, I'd be satisfied with keeping Siler as the starter for this season.

    Moving to a 4-3, in my opinion, would result in a rebuild that takes a couple of years. I'd rather see us stick to a 3-4 and focus on rebuilding the offense.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yeah id be ok either way. Just dont want to have a tampa 2 defense. Not sure if thats what monte kiffin coaches or not. Besides the way the nfl is going dont think were be in our base 3-4 anyways. Plus 3-4 has more speed then a 4-3.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Dorsey and maybe Poe are the only guys who translate we'll to a 4-3 on the DL. There is no guarantee Dorsey will be back too. Jackson would not fit in at all in a 4-3.

    Hali was undersized before he lost weight to move to LB. he could go back to DE, but he would have to start bulking up now.

    Houston has always been too small to be a DE, he will likely play OLB, probably weak side.

    That leaves us with one DE and one OLB spot that has to be filled. DE are hard to find and the good ones cost $$$.

    Switching to a 4-3 means we need a DE, OLB, CB, and at least depth at safety, if not a new FS. That's in addition to QBs, WRs, RB, and a backup G/C.

    Sticking to a 3-4, though, means on D we don't need a DE, and the 2nd ILB position in a 3-4 is something that can be filled with a mid-late round pick or a mid level free agent, especially since he would rarely be on the field in passing situations. Heck, I'd be satisfied with keeping Siler as the starter for this season.

    Moving to a 4-3, in my opinion, would result in a rebuild that takes a couple of years. I'd rather see us stick to a 3-4 and focus on rebuilding the offense.
    That is the way I see it also. Leave the D alone this year at least, I hear he likes to blitz and to me it is easier to blitz from the 3-4 instead of the 4-3 there are more places to bring the blitz from.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If Monte Kiffin does come in, will it help that Berry played for him in Tenn.?

    Also on the Tampa 2-was not Flowers drafted for that scheme by Herm?

    Just questions fellas-go


  7. #36
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yes flowers was but he can play in any sheme. I wouldnt be against taking teo with the first pic then our lbs wohld be one of the top in the league with hali, dj, teo, Houston. Our front 7 would all be high picks houston being the lowest at 3rd pick but was 1sr rd talent.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,203
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 142

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yeah id be ok either way. Just dont want to have a tampa 2 defense. Not sure if thats what monte kiffin coaches or not. Besides the way the nfl is going dont think were be in our base 3-4 anyways. Plus 3-4 has more speed then a 4-3.
    Kiffin I believe created the Tampa 2 when he was the DC for Dungy in Tampa.

    I have heard Ray Horton also mentioned as a possibility.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    we do have personel that can transition to a 4-3, we need only a MLB, but also need an ILB for the 3-4. most of our current NT will become DT's along with jackson and dorsey. tamba would move to DE, houston would probably move to OLB or even DE? but more likely OLB. studebaker, bailey, siler, also at DE. not to say we won't need an upgrade at the DE but wehave needed help in the middle for years too. the poe[powe]s may both be better suited at DT w/their speed and size so the change is very doable. although any change on read assignments may take nearly a whole season for them to get comfortable with it
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Neosho, Mo.
    Posts
    310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Keep the 3-4 less holes but they must spend money on a cb that plays press man to man. Really this d is suited for namndi asamouh. He was put into a horrible scheme for him in philly he needs tp use his size not play checkers.. Not saying i want namndi but thats the type we need, maybe with the jets salary issues and revis wanted to rework his contract, trade our number one pick to jets for there first and revis?

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    we do have personel that can transition to a 4-3, we need only a MLB, but also need an ILB for the 3-4. most of our current NT will become DT's along with jackson and dorsey. tamba would move to DE, houston would probably move to OLB or even DE? but more likely OLB. studebaker, bailey, siler, also at DE. not to say we won't need an upgrade at the DE but wehave needed help in the middle for years too. the poe[powe]s may both be better suited at DT w/their speed and size so the change is very doable. although any change on read assignments may take nearly a whole season for them to get comfortable with it
    DJ would play MLB...Houston would be a DE.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Defensive Coordinator
    By drstandley31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
  2. Pendergast To Be Named Defensive Coordinator
    By yashi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 01:12 PM
  3. Defensive Coordinator
    By prough91 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 02:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •