Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

I would not mind if he kept romeo as DC
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I would not mind if he kept romeo as DC

I really disagree in a big way. Not that I believe Romeo can't be a successful DC again, but because the chiefs have a serious "funk" so to speak, and if we don't completely clean the coaching staff out, and get a new feel, than the "funk" will remain. We have to completely change the feel, and the additude, and it wont be an easy task for any one, but if we keep the mental additude this team will forever be in the funk.

For this reason I hope Cassel wont be here next year, even though I think he is better then what he has played. He needs to be gone as well. JMHO

I really disagree in a big way. Not that I believe Romeo can't be a successful DC again, but because the chiefs have a serious "funk" so to speak, and if we don't completely clean the coaching staff out, and get a new feel, than the "funk" will remain. We have to completely change the feel, and the additude, and it wont be an easy task for any one, but if we keep the mental additude this team will forever be in the funk.

For this reason I hope Cassel wont be here next year,EVEN THOUGH HE SUCKS EVEN WHEN HE HAS A GOOD YEAR, I think he is better then what he has played. He needs to be gone as well. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    For this reason I hope Cassel wont be here next year,EVEN THOUGH HE SUCKS EVEN WHEN HE HAS A GOOD YEAR, I think he is better then what he has played. He needs to be gone as well. JMHO
    Maybe we trade him to New England for a 2nd rd pick.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Maybe we trade him to New England for a 2nd rd pick.
    Now I like the sound of that.....lol

Chances are though they wouldnt take him if we paid out his contract and gave them another 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    Hoping he makes a few changes. We'd be competitive w/ his philly staff but a few changes might be even better.

DC is VERY important. Might mean alot of changes there too. As long as the man is a diciplinarian.
    He had STAR players in Philly and the coaching staff could not get it done. While there may be a handful of them that are worth bringing along, I think he should cut ties with most and bring in a different staff.

I think who is brought in as DC is one of the most important decisions. Reid is all about scoring points. His big thing is going to be lighting up the scoreboard. If he can do that and we can maintain a fairly stout defense we will be a team that can compete with anyone.

I've been reading that Monte Kiffin is a possibility as DC.

Is monte kiffin a tampa 2 guy? If so i dont want him. I undecided if we shoukd stick with the 34 or go to 4-3. All of our dline and hali were 4-3 guys before. We could have hali, poe,dorsey,jackson and houstin, dj, rookie or houston, monte teo (r), dj. I think we can trade back into 1st round to get a qb. Im mixed about that as well. Its a sucky year to suck.

Also even if we stick with 34 we need another ilb. So anyway you look at it were short one player from either sets.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast