Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very intresting talk going on already after reid's presser

Default Very intresting talk going on already after reid's presser

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster
    Lots of interesting back channel chatter right now, regarding the Chiefs, Bucs, swapping draft picks, and Josh Freeman

I would be ABOVE and BEYOND happy if something like this came along

Im perty sure there is no truth to this rumor at all anyways. I wouldnt trade back to 13. #4 or 5 is the farthest id trade back to.

Don't we need a staff of more than a head coach who has been in town four days before we start picking a quarterback?

I'd be for Freeman to participate in a true QB competition though.

He'll no.. no more then a third.. or we swap 1 and het their second and a five

While I still prefer to draft a QB, I could live with this. Plus, with any luck, the Chiefs would still draft a QB if the right one fell to pick 14. But I do agree with most of you that we should get another pick as part of a trade like that.

I hate to be a downer, but let me put some perspective on this.

Why would the Bucs want to trade us their 1st round pick AND Josh Freeman for our #1 pick? If they are willing to give us their starting QB and first round pick, then what position do you think they'd take with our pick?

DING DING DING!!!!1

It's obvious that they have a QB that they're high on and they're willing to give us their QB to get him. The Chiefs would be falling into the same trap as they always have. The ONLY way I'm okay with this is if we get a 2nd round pick with the first and trade up for the 2nd best QB after the Bucs. Other than that, no way.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I'd be open to this as Freeman has proven that he can win in this league. He has won games in multiple seasons although not always a winning record but he can't help that the Bucs pass defense is worst in the league. If you give him some consistency at OC and a good supporting cast I feel he will be a winner. I've seen him do more with less talent in Tampa. Make this trade happen!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

How about Tebow he is probably going to be released by the Jets and they are saying the jags want him wold he fit the QB mold of Reid. Would he be better than Cassel he is a proven winner in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    How about Tebow he is probably going to be released by the Jets and they are saying the jags want him wold he fit the QB mold of Reid. Would he be better than Cassel he is a proven winner in this league.
    Statistically, Tebow is one of the worste QB's in the league. He is a gimmick QB that is nice to have every once in a while as a threat when teams are not able to sub from a big package to a pass package. When it comes to being the starter, Two teams have sprinted away from him as their option.

Just to add to the thread in general and not directly to you. Freeman has really done nothing except for rip the Chiefs apart which many say was his turning the corner game. I would be scared to see the hype around him as a K Stater as the dices our defense in practice to get killed in real games.

There is clearly a biased opinion in favor of him, but I would rather take a shot on a rookie with our first. It is kind of like the Stanzi theory. The rookie hasn't shown us how crappy they are yet so until proven so, no thanks on Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Statistically, Tebow is one of the worste QB's in the league. He is a gimmick QB that is nice to have every once in a while as a threat when teams are not able to sub from a big package to a pass package. When it comes to being the starter, Two teams have sprinted away from him as their option.

Just to add to the thread in general and not directly to you. Freeman has really done nothing except for rip the Chiefs apart which many say was his turning the corner game. I would be scared to see the hype around him as a K Stater as the dices our defense in practice to get killed in real games.

There is clearly a biased opinion in favor of him, but I would rather take a shot on a rookie with our first. It is kind of like the Stanzi theory. The rookie hasn't shown us how crappy they are yet so until proven so, no thanks on Freeman.
    Freeman is an average run of the mill QB that the Bucs are ready to move on from. Simple as that.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Freeman is an average run of the mill QB that the Bucs are ready to move on from. Simple as that.
    Agreed. After 4 years in the NFL, Freeman has had his moments, but there is something missing, and until he proves me wrong, I just don't see post-season success with this guy.

I'd be interested in their WR Mike Williams, but not by swapping 1st round picks. Something more reasonable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast