Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Te'o Watch in the BCS National Championship Game

Default Te'o Watch in the BCS National Championship Game

I started another thread (sorry) but figured it's relevant in this forum.

Te'o looks awful. Can we please be done w/ the #1 overal talk?

This sums it up best for me:

"By end of researching/working on my Te'o/ND piece for Grantland, I liked Te'o as pro prospect less, but as person more. Good kid, tough nite" - @smartfootball

Geno geno lol

I do need to apologize for being over the top. I'm just passionate and want the Chiefs to do the right thing w/ #1. I've never thought Te'o is that guy and used this bad game of his to really push my case.

Again, the guy will make a great pro prospect. I just don't see the fit w/ KC. Sorry for the trolly attitude, nn and mc.

He didn't look good. Better then pos gang banger geno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I do need to apologize for being over the top. I'm just passionate and want the Chiefs to do the right thing w/ #1. I've never thought Te'o is that guy and used this bad game of his to really push my case.

Again, the guy will make a great pro prospect. I just don't see the fit w/ KC. Sorry for the trolly attitude, nn and mc.
    No worries bro. I have thicker skin than that but the blood was getting hot over here. It's all good.

No need to apologize to me I'm passionate about this team to. I just want them to get the best guy to come in and help this football team win. I don't care what position they play I don't care who it is from what college. I just want them to make sure they get the best guy. And with Teo's body of work I think they should go through the process with him. Give him a shot. That's all I have ever said. Give him a look.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Got to agree with Ryfo18.

No flipping way do I want to see the Chiefs take an ILB at #1 -- OR ANY DEFENSIVE PLAYER FOR THAT MATTER !!

This team needs offense, Offense, and more OFFENSE !!

As I said before, wanting Te'o smacks of hero worship. We've already been through that scenario with Eric Berry back in 2010 ( and don't give me any bullsh!t about him being in the Pro Bowl. Your grandma could get elected to the Pro Bowl under the current Pro Bowl voting system & he has no business being there, nor in 2010, either ), and that has backfired miserably.

Personally, I want a couple of QB's taken by the Chiefs in the 2013 draft & it doesn't have anything to do with hero worship. That is from a football standpoint, exclusively. Anybody who can't see the obvious need there, is using their head for nothing other than a suppository.

BTW, the LT Joeckel may go back to Texas A&M for his senior season & if that's the case, the QB's will be moving up the draft board. The Chiefs may have the good fortune of being able to trade down a few slots and still get Smith or Wilson. Then again, maybe their stuck at #1.

But, the bottom line is they need to address their biggest need with their top pick -- QUARTERBACK !!
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-08-2013 at 01:24 AM.

I just don't see the fit w/ KC.
    This right here is the key. I would love to have him, but we don't need another MLB. Even if we stay in the 3-4, the other MLB does not need to be a superstar. He just needs to fill gaps on run defense, and is going to be off the field in exchange for a safety/nickel CB in passing situations. You can get a mid range FA to do 2 down run defense.

Having watched Te'o all year (wife is a die hard ND fan), this was by far his worst game. It was also NDs overall worst performance. I didn't expect them to win and wasn't surprised that they got overpowered most of the game, but they didn't even show up. The coaches did NOT have them ready to play at all (im sure the stupid BCS 1+month off didn't help). This game was more of a blow to th coaching than to Te'o himself.

His whole team looked bad, if is it possible they looked worse than the Chiefs most of the year. Neither line could do anything it is just like they weren't prepared for the championship game so if the other 10 players on his team were pathetic how do you expect him to be any good, if 8 players on Bama can take out 10 ND players that leaves 3 on him.

I am not saying that we should draft him 1st and no he is not my hero, I just don't want to reach with the 1st for a player rated in the top half of the first round because he is a QB. Go S, CB, OL someone that is rated to go in the top 5 less chance of a bust than a QB that is rated to go with the 18th pick.

I think it's fair to say Te'o won't be first pick for Chiefs. The Chiefs need to take a QB with the 1st pick or trade the first pick for an existing starting QB. There is no need to get cute by trading back from #1 to #5 to try to gain another pick. Grab the the best QB and move on.

Nobody knows exactly where these kids should be ranked. That was proven in last nights champ game.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast