Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Te'o Watch in the BCS National Championship Game

Default Te'o Watch in the BCS National Championship Game

I started another thread (sorry) but figured it's relevant in this forum.

Te'o looks awful. Can we please be done w/ the #1 overal talk?

Haha, nice tackle Te'o! Seriously, this is the worst ever! #1 overall? Seriously? I thought he elevated everyone around him and made them awesome...This is just awful. Can we never mention him at #1 again and move on? Please?

Creating this thread is like poking a hornet's nest. Ryfo is the new My Man Orton of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Creating this thread is like poking a hornet's nest. Ryfo is the new My Man Orton of 2013.
    Maybe so, but it needs to be said. People have been pumping this guy up all year. Heisman candidacy will do that. He's not even the best LBer on the field. Give me CJ Mosley or Arthur Brown before Te'o. The next Ray Lewis? C'mon, fellas.

This is all Mel Kiper's fault.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 01-07-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Maybe so, but it needs to be said. People have been pumping this guy up all year. Heisman candidacy will do that. He's not even the best LBer on the field. Give me CJ Mosley or Arthur Brown before Te'o. The next Ray Lewis? C'mon, fellas.

I have agreed with you all the way. A great qb offsets a lot of things during a game, that is why you take the risk.

Haha, nice tackle Te'o! Seriously, this is the worst ever! #1 overall? Seriously? I thought he elevated everyone around him and made them awesome...This is just awful. Can we never mention him at #1 again and move on? Please?
    Straight up dick move right here. 12 and freaking 0. Notre Dame was pre season 24. West Virginia was 8.

Notre dame is gettin drubbed by Alabama. How do you think West Virginia would do. Kstate got drubbed by Oregon who got beat by Stanford. Who beat Stanford?

You the non judgementmal objective football analyzer is gonna pass judgment on this one game. But will make excuses for Geno. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS OR YOU ARE JUST AN ANTOGONIZING HYPOCRITICAL PRICK!

You stop and ill stop.

This is all Mel Kiper's fault.

The problem I have with this thread is your cherry picking. You're saying look at his bad game see we shouldn't even consider him.
    If I were to do the same with the guy you want I have the feeling you would call me out for it. And you know you would.
    It's the whole body of work that counts and Teo was part of a top 10 defense against a tougher secdule then what Geno played. I'm again not saying draft him I just won't buy this lets rule him out because of his bad game BS.
    This is all pointless because I doubt he's going to be the guy anyway
    And right now My pick at 1 would be Jarvis Jones
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Te'o, like ND has just been exposed. Let's be honest, Te'o is facing the closests thing to NFL caliber talent and he is being owned.KC is better off trading down, but who the heck would want to that in this draft. The Raiders may have a shot to trade down at #3, but I doubt it. The most likely spot for a trade down is probably @ #5.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Straight up dick move right here. 12 and freaking 0. Notre Dame was pre season 24. West Virginia was 8.

Notre dame is gettin drubbed by Alabama. How do you think West Virginia would do. Kstate got drubbed by Oregon who got beat by Stanford. Who beat Stanford?

You the non judgementmal objective football analyzer is gonna pass judgment on this one game. But will make excuses for Geno. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS OR YOU ARE JUST AN ANTOGONIZING HYPOCRITICAL PRICK!

You stop and ill stop.
    I'm not making excuses for Geno Smith. I'm just saying that he will without a doubt be in consideration for #1 overall. Te'o will not. Geno has his flaws. Nobody in this draft is flawless like an RGIII or Luck. Smith, in my opinion though, will be the best QB prospect to come out of this draft.

You can recite records all day if you'd like. It says nothing about an individual player. I mean, I can do it too. Weeden beat RGIII last year and therefore he's a better QB? It doesn't work like that. Baylor, like WVU, had an awful defense last year. Wins and losses mean very little. Vince Young was 13-0 one year. Matt Leinart was 12-1 that same year. Wins. Mean. Little.

Okay ray Lewis was picked 26th overall. He wasn't fast enough or big enough to play the position. He had a lot of cons. Looking back now his character and work ethic made up for his lack of talent. Knowing wha we know now when do you think ray Lewis would have gone. You are damn right number freaking one.

Have you looked at notre dames body of work. The guy plays linebacker and was second in the Heisman vote. The fact that the guy has character that is jus awesome and you are gonna thrash him. We should all aspire to be the person manti te'o. He knows every janitor by first name. Southbend would elect him president because they know the quality human he is.

I'm done with this. Ryfo you know everything I'm a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Okay ray Lewis was picked 26th overall. He wasn't fast enough or big enough to play the position. He had a lot of cons. Looking back now his character and work ethic made up for his lack of talent. Knowing wha we know now when do you think ray Lewis would have gone. You are damn right number freaking one.

Have you looked at notre dames body of work. The guy plays linebacker and was second in the Heisman vote. The fact that the guy has character that is jus awesome and you are gonna thrash him. We should all aspire to be the person manti te'o. He knows every janitor by first name. Southbend would elect him president because they know the quality human he is.

I'm done with this. Ryfo you know everything I'm a dumbass.
    C'mon man, I'm just trying to be real. The guy does not deserve to go #1 overall. That is all I'm saying.

I don't think you're a dumbass at all. You've brought some very excellent comments and analysis to this board. I just think you're hyping up Te'o a bit too much. He'll make a fine pro and have a great career. I have no doubt about it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast