Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Default A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Ok so one of the best pro sure things joeckel has declared for the 2013 nfl draft. With albert being a free agent we could look to take the best prospect in this draft fill the most important position on the o line which keeps us from stretching for a qb. That would then allow us to take a qb either by trading back into the first or fall in love with a qb in the secound.

I don't see Albert resigning to play Guard. He believe his a pro-bowl LT, and will want to remain at LT either here or somewhere else.

What about Stephenson? He looked good at the end of the season filling for Albert and his bad back didn't he?

My take on Joeckle coming out for the draft is he is a true #1 pick and that means someone might be willing to trade picks with us to get him. I would like the consensus to be that he is the only one worth the #1 pick and several teams wanting him, they would work with us to get our 1st because we could always take him.

Before his injuries, Albert was getting pro bowl talk by analysts. A good offseason of rehab and he should be fine. If his injuries start up again Stephenson did great and will fill in very well. Also consider he was doing well with who next to him? Lilja and the rookie Allen?

Albert is a near pro bowl talent who has never played guard in the NFL.

The best thing about joeckel coming out is that it creates some potential demand for the #1 pick, possibly giving us a trade partner.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    What about Stephenson? He looked good at the end of the season filling for Albert and his bad back didn't he?

My take on Joeckle coming out for the draft is he is a true #1 pick and that means someone might be willing to trade picks with us to get him. I would like the consensus to be that he is the only one worth the #1 pick and several teams wanting him, they would work with us to get our 1st because we could always take him.
    I believe you are correct, by the time it's all said and done Stephenson will show the new regime enough to warrant not taking a LT at #1, but by the same token, there is no way they should put a franchise tag on Albert or pay him 10+ million dollars a season. They should make him a reasonable offer & if he won't take it, let him walk.

Oh I agree they should not franchise Albert at $10+ million especially with his back, backs may never be good once they are messed up. I fell backwards last summer and landed on my butt and my back is still not the same even after going to the Doctor a few times. You just never know with a back.

jap1 is right about Joeckel creating trade down possibilities for the Chiefs, but I must differ with him about Albert. He's not the "be all, end all" of LT's and I don't think he's Pro Bowl caliber.

I hope your back gets better N TX Dave. Bad backs are a motherf****r to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nothing stupid about it, at all. Albert played Guard in high school and college. The Chiefs had no business throwing him out at LT in the NFL. I will grant you he has stepped up his pass-protection to a point, but he's not an anchor or a clutch performer at LT by any means.

Hell, he couldn't even roadgrade a DB that he outweighed by 100 lb. in the Pitt game on Monday night, and instead tried to do the two-step waltz with him by grabbing the DB & twisting him around in open space and drawing a flag that negated a TD ( and yes, that was the correct call. You cannot grab a defender & twist him around like that in open space as that's always going to draw a flag ).

Albert does NOT warrant a franchise tag nor a big 10 million plus a year contract & he has back problems that may not go away. The Chiefs should only make him a reasonable offer & if he won't take it, then let him walk.

Therefore it looks like the stupidity amongst the Chiefs fanbase would include YOU at the top of the list.
    Drafting a LT to replace an already very good LT is nothing but a waste of a 1st rd pick. Stupid.

Come back when you've developed some football sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    What's stupid is not draftin the best player available. If a 37 ur old guard who has never played center can make the transition mid season. A natural left guard who excelled at it for years in college could make the transition with a full off season. You are right I am stupid. Does that make you feel more like a man now
    37? Lilja is 31.

Pioli and company were dumb for going into the season with out a true center.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    jap1 is right about Joeckel creating trade down possibilities for the Chiefs, but I must differ with him about Albert. He's not the "be all, end all" of LT's and I don't think he's Pro Bowl caliber.

I hope your back gets better N TX Dave. Bad backs are a motherf****r to deal with.
    Albert isn't a great LT, but he is very good and plenty good enough.

Sign him and draft a ****ing QB.

Quote Originally Posted by kchiefs70 View Post
    Drafting a LT to replace an already very good LT is nothing but a waste of a 1st rd pick. Stupid.

Come back when you've developed some football sense.
    In case you didn't know, Albert has a back problem and missed most of the 2nd half of the season. He's no longer under contract. He does not warrant a franchise tag or a 10+ million a year contract & they may ultimately let him walk.

It will be dependent on what the new regime thinks of Stephenson, not Albert, as to whether or not they decide to draft Joeckel ( and my guess is that Stephenson will show them enough to forsake drafting a LT ).

Don't tell me about how good Albert is when I can tell you for a fact that he's the most docile LT in Chiefs history I've ever seen that has started there 3+ years and I've watched this team for over 4 decades.

It's apparent to me, that you got the football sense equivalent of a rock by not taking Albert's back problem and his expired contract into consideration.

BTW, speaking of wasted picks, one must consider the way Pollard was let go in 2009 and Berry drafted at #5 overall to replace him. THAT right there is a far bigger waste than drafting Joeckel to replace Albert.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast