Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Default A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Ok so one of the best pro sure things joeckel has declared for the 2013 nfl draft. With albert being a free agent we could look to take the best prospect in this draft fill the most important position on the o line which keeps us from stretching for a qb. That would then allow us to take a qb either by trading back into the first or fall in love with a qb in the secound.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Good point and hope your back continues to improve.

The main point here is there are a lot of possibilities that have come open to the Chiefs now with Joeckel declaring. I want a quality QB as much as anybody, but I also want a 1st-rate O-Line in front of that QB and right now the Chiefs have neither.
    I think the QB need is much higher than the OL needs. I think Stephenson still has potenial, as does Allen. We may not ever get the #1 pick again. I think you have to jump on a QB.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think the QB need is much higher than the OL needs. I think Stephenson still has potenial, as does Allen. We may not ever get the #1 pick again. I think you have to jump on a QB.
    Yes, I do believe that QB, as of right now is the greater need. The big question is: Will there be any that will move up the draft board throughout the all-star games, combine, and individual workout processes? History does say YES -- Bradford in 2010, Newton in 2011. Many feel that there's no QB worth taking #1 overall as of right now, but that could change, as it did in 2010 and 2011. I certainly hope it does, for the Chiefs sake.

And yes, Stephenson and Allen do have potential & need to be given a fair chance. To me, Albert does not factor into this equation with his back problem and expired contract.

In case you didn't know, Albert has a back problem and missed most of the 2nd half of the season. He's no longer under contract. He does not warrant a franchise tag or a 10+ million a year contract & they may ultimately let him walk.

It will be dependent on what the new regime thinks of Stephenson, not Albert, as to whether or not they decide to draft Joeckel ( and my guess is that Stephenson will show them enough to forsake drafting a LT ).

Don't tell me about how good Albert is when I can tell you for a fact that he's the most docile LT in Chiefs history I've ever seen that has started there 3+ years and I've watched this team for over 4 decades.

It's apparent to me, that you got the football sense equivalent of a rock by not taking Albert's back problem and his expired contract into consideration.

BTW, speaking of wasted picks, one must consider the way Pollard was let go in 2009 and Berry drafted at #5 overall to replace him. THAT right there is a far bigger waste than drafting Joeckel to replace Albert.
    LMAO Holy crap you are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by iachief View Post
    You don't draft a QB with the number 1 pick that is at best a late first round choice. This pick has to be smart since it is our "luck" that this is the worse QB draft in years and that is our glaring need. We have good talent and shoot, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. You need good coaching, a good running game, and solid D and minimize turnovers. As much as would like us to have a QB, taking someone in this year's class at #1 would be trashing the pick as much as some think taking a LT would trash it. I agree that we should look at trading down and this declaration makes it much more attractive. If you can pick up a 2nd and 4th to move down 10 spots and then stretch for your QB, that may make some sense. However, if he grades out at a LT in the combines as good as he should, I would never be adverse to have Albert move to guard and getting a franchise LT.
    BAH! HA! Dumbass

This is a new era. You win with solid QB play. You NEED a good downfield passing game.

Have you been under a rock for the last decade?

Quote Originally Posted by kchiefs70 View Post
    LMAO Holy crap you are stupid
    The stupidity is obviously all on your side. In spite of what's been spelled out to you, here you are flaming people for not seeing things as you do ( and obviously you can't see at all as it's quite obvious that you got your head too far up your arse to see anything ).

And what for do you call iachief a dumbass when everything he said makes perfect sense? He wasn't saying anything disrespectful to you, he was simply pointing out things worthy of consideration. Did your mommy forget to change your diaper, fetch your formula for you & give a Baby-Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that you can cry on its shoulder, just because you can't handle somebody telling it like it is?

The stupidity is obviously all on your side. In spite of what's been spelled out to you, here you are flaming people for not seeing things as you do ( and obviously you can't see at all as it's quite obvious that you got your head too far up your arse to see anything ).

And what for do you call iachief a dumbass when everything he said makes perfect sense? He wasn't saying anything disrespectful to you, he was simply pointing out things worthy of consideration. Did your mommy forget to change your diaper, fetch your formula for you & give a Baby-Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that you can cry on its shoulder, just because you can't handle somebody telling it like it is?

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL! People who react like that aren't even worthy of a response. All see how ignorant they are.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    DO NOT FEED THE TROLL! People who react like that aren't even worthy of a response. All see how ignorant they are.
    Already gone to the ignore list.

Dempsey, I too have been thinking the same about pollard. Every time I see the Ravens play it annoys me to see him doing well. I cannot remember, was it Pioli or Haley that cut him halfway through the season, either way i was shocked when we cut him. I thought that was such a bad mistake. He was another good herm pick. I wonder where we would have gone in the draft had we picked him. Oh well, hindsight 20/20.

I agree that a lot depends on what they think of Stephenson.

I wonder what kind of OL Castillo ran, power blocking or zone blocking. That may also have a big effect.

All I will say is "stupid is as stupid does".

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Dempsey, I too have been thinking the same about pollard. Every time I see the Ravens play it annoys me to see him doing well. I cannot remember, was it Pioli or Haley that cut him halfway through the season, either way i was shocked when we cut him. I thought that was such a bad mistake. He was another good herm pick. I wonder where we would have gone in the draft had we picked him. Oh well, hindsight 20/20.

I agree that a lot depends on what they think of Stephenson.

I wonder what kind of OL Castillo ran, power blocking or zone blocking. That may also have a big effect.
    Wasn't the knock on him poor in pass coverage??? He was probably a scapegoat. But yeah he has played well at Houston and Baltimore? And the media has and is flat out in love with Eric berry and we were projected to take him early in those mocks. Jared Allen, Rich Gannon, Scott Fujita we haven't made the best moves.

So Castillo who was the DC is the OL coach here. Not that I'm complaining just making sure i understand.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast