Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: A&m joeckel left tackle declares

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Neosho, Mo.
    Posts
    310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default A&m joeckel left tackle declares


    0 Not allowed!
    Ok so one of the best pro sure things joeckel has declared for the 2013 nfl draft. With albert being a free agent we could look to take the best prospect in this draft fill the most important position on the o line which keeps us from stretching for a qb. That would then allow us to take a qb either by trading back into the first or fall in love with a qb in the secound.

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    674
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Great input from both sides though. I desperately want a QB but at what price. At this point IMO at any price but I could be wrong. I'm hoping one of these QB's blow us away and seperate themselves from the pack.

  3. #62
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Great input from both sides though. I desperately want a QB but at what price. At this point IMO at any price but I could be wrong. I'm hoping one of these QB's blow us away and seperate themselves from the pack.
    The Senior Bowl, combine, and private workouts are huge for both Wilson and Glennon. They have a chance to really bolster their draft stock.

    Geno was advised by his agent not to play in the Senior Bowl ( or so I've heard ) and Barkley is hurt ( I'm not against taking Barkley at #34 if he were there because that ain't bad value ).

    No doubt the quality QB has to come from somewhere.

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Barkley wouldn't even be worth a 7th rd pick.

  5. #64
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Barkley wouldn't even be worth a 7th rd pick.
    I don't think you could push him down quite that far, as in completely undrafted. Of course, he'd be worth a 7th round pick. After all, he probably would have went in Round 1 in 2012 had he came out early.

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yea and some team would have ended up with worse then Matt.

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Yea and some team would have ended up with worse then Matt.
    Barkley worse than Matt Cassel? At least Barkley was a starter for multiple seasons at USC compared to Cassel being a backup his whole time there.

    Fill me in, what is it you dislike so much about Barkley that you wouldn't draft him?

  8. #67
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,192
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Barkley worse than Matt Cassel? At least Barkley was a starter for multiple seasons at USC compared to Cassel being a backup his whole time there.

    Fill me in, what is it you dislike so much about Barkley that you wouldn't draft him?
    He played for USC which surrounds the QB with a lot of talent that makes him look better than he is.

  9. #68
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    He played for USC which surrounds the QB with a lot of talent that makes him look better than he is.
    True, but Barkley can still throw the football better than Cassel. At least that was the case prior to his injury. Maybe he is permanently damaged goods. We'll know when the combine comes around. I don't know if he's be a reach at #34 in the 2nd round, although if , and that's BIG if, they were able snag Tyler Wilson at #34, that would be great value.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-10-2013 at 09:05 PM.

  10. #69
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    True, but Barkley can still throw the football better than Cassel. At least that was the case prior to his injury. Maybe he is permanently damaged goods. We'll know when the combine comes around. I don't know if he's be a reach at #34 in the 2nd round, although if , and that's BIG if, they were able snag Tyler Wilson at #34, that would be great value.
    Matt Barkley is Matt Cassel with more accuracy. Barkley could be pretty good in a system designed around the WCO where he doesn't have to make any big throws. He should be a classic manage the game QB.

    Better than Cassel, but I want an elite QB, not a game manager.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,153
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Matt Barkley is Matt Cassel with more accuracy. Barkley could be pretty good in a system designed around the WCO where he doesn't have to make any big throws. He should be a classic manage the game QB.

    Better than Cassel, but I want an elite QB, not a game manager.
    It depends on what happens between now & April as far as that "elite" QB goes. It could play out that Andy Reid doesn't see any of those QB's to be elite enough to take at #1.

    REMEMBER: Every QB that the Chiefs have taken in the draft since 1970 has been a bust. Double-dipping at the QB position in rounds 2 and 3 could pay off, while taking a guy like Joeckel at #1, if they go that route.

    Also, the best QB ever was not taken in round 1. Joe Montana was taken #82 overall in round 3 in 1979 -- the very same year the Chiefs chose Steve Fuller in round 1 of that same draft.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •