Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Default A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Ok so one of the best pro sure things joeckel has declared for the 2013 nfl draft. With albert being a free agent we could look to take the best prospect in this draft fill the most important position on the o line which keeps us from stretching for a qb. That would then allow us to take a qb either by trading back into the first or fall in love with a qb in the secound.

Quote Originally Posted by kchiefs70 View Post
    Albert isn't a great LT, but he is very good and plenty good enough.

Sign him and draft a ****ing QB.
    You don't draft a QB with the number 1 pick that is at best a late first round choice. This pick has to be smart since it is our "luck" that this is the worse QB draft in years and that is our glaring need. We have good talent and shoot, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. You need good coaching, a good running game, and solid D and minimize turnovers. As much as would like us to have a QB, taking someone in this year's class at #1 would be trashing the pick as much as some think taking a LT would trash it. I agree that we should look at trading down and this declaration makes it much more attractive. If you can pick up a 2nd and 4th to move down 10 spots and then stretch for your QB, that may make some sense. However, if he grades out at a LT in the combines as good as he should, I would never be adverse to have Albert move to guard and getting a franchise LT.

Quote Originally Posted by iachief View Post
    You don't draft a QB with the number 1 pick that is at best a late first round choice. This pick has to be smart since it is our "luck" that this is the worse QB draft in years and that is our glaring need. We have good talent and shoot, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. You need good coaching, a good running game, and solid D and minimize turnovers. As much as would like us to have a QB, taking someone in this year's class at #1 would be trashing the pick as much as some think taking a LT would trash it. I agree that we should look at trading down and this declaration makes it much more attractive. If you can pick up a 2nd and 4th to move down 10 spots and then stretch for your QB, that may make some sense. However, if he grades out at a LT in the combines as good as he should, I would never be adverse to have Albert move to guard and getting a franchise LT.
    Well said and people are forgetting that 1999 #1 draftee John Tait had never played RT, and yet the Chiefs moved him there when Willie Roaf was brought in back in 2002. How did that work out? Quite splendidly.

Quote Originally Posted by kchiefs70 View Post
    Drafting a LT to replace an already very good LT is nothing but a waste of a 1st rd pick. Stupid.

Come back when you've developed some football sense.
    Well when a little better than average LT with back problems wants to be paid like a top 5 LT for over $10 million a year and you can draft someone that does not have a back problem for half the money that makes football cap sense. If he resigns for a reasonable contract you can keep him and HOPE his back heals and pray his back stays healed.

And yes my back is better but not quit as good as before, now when a bump into a wall and sometimes when I bend over my back hurts a little, especially when bending over to work and a car.
    Last edited by N TX Dave; 01-09-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Ponder turned out solid? Have you seen his numbers? Ponder is barely average. Had a 1-1 td/int (w/ 5 fumbles) ratio last year and 3-2 ratio this year with another 5 fumbles.
    i am not a ponder fan but he did lead his team to the playoffs and look at what they did w/o him
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well when a little better than average LT with back problems wants to be paid like a top 5 LT for over $10 million a year and you can draft someone that does not have a back problem for half the money that makes football cap sense. If he resigns for a reasonable contract you can keep him and HOPE his back heals and pray his back stays healed.

And yes my back is better but not quit as good as before, now when a bump into a wall and sometimes when I bend over my back hurts a little, especially when bending over to work and a car.
    Good point and hope your back continues to improve.

The main point here is there are a lot of possibilities that have come open to the Chiefs now with Joeckel declaring. I want a quality QB as much as anybody, but I also want a 1st-rate O-Line in front of that QB and right now the Chiefs have neither.

lets drop all the name calling, if someone does not agree w/u or live up to your intellectual standards, then deal w/it, live w/it and be adult enuf to NOT resort to name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut
    lets drop all the name calling, if someone does not agree w/u or live up to your intellectual standards, then deal w/it, live w/it and be adult enuf to NOT resort to name calling.
    You need to direct this towards kchiefs70 specifically -- he's the one who started with the statement about the Chiefs fanbase being "stupid".

How you deal with it is your own discretion, but let me assure you, I will fire it back 1000-fold & I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You need to direct this towards kchiefs70 specifically -- he's the one who started with the statement about the Chiefs fanbase being "stupid".

How you deal with it is your own discretion, but let me assure you, I will fire it back 1000-fold & I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

it is directed at anyone who resorts to name calling or personal attacks during an argument. these forums are a place were we can openly voice our opinions and debate the merits of those opinions against opposing views. if the best someone can come up with to reinforce their point is to call them a name like "stupid" or "moron" then that hardly warrants a reply. they should just be ignored untill they retuen to more constructive ways of arguing their point. heyna or no!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    it is directed at anyone who resorts to name calling or personal attacks during an argument. these forums are a place were we can openly voice our opinions and debate the merits of those opinions against opposing views. if the best someone can come up with to reinforce their point is to call them a name like "stupid" or "moron" then that hardly warrants a reply. they should just be ignored untill they retuen to more constructive ways of arguing their point. heyna or no!!
    Or they can have it fed back to them to unkindly correct their a$$ -- depends on one's point of view doesn't it?

Anyway, back on topic, I can't help but wonder, what if the Chiefs can't trade down? What if there are no takers? Then what? Some will say "take the QB", and then some will say "take the best player available" & that's where the division seems to be amongst Chief fans.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-09-2013 at 04:28 PM.

I would like to see them trade down personally, but as Dempsey said, we'd have to find a taker.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast