Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 1 more chance at QB?

Default 1 more chance at QB?

I know I will be crucified for bringing this up but is it too crazy to give Cassel one more chance? I won't argue that he has many flaws, but ... Did he truly get a chance to thrive? This past season has so many negatives that I don't think any QB would've thrived in this coaching carousel,daboll offense,inconsistent O line,change at center, etc... I'm not saying name him the starter but really give him a chance with a QB friendly head coach. I definitley would bring in fa's and draft a QB for competition and possibly our new franchise QB but I not sure we should just run him out of town yet. I think the circus act we've had for the past 4 years is why many QB's and coaches past us up! Nobody wants to build on a chaotic program with such a tyrant as the gm. Now that we might have one of the greatest football minds in place, we might have a real chance to evaluate our QB talent. I must admit tho, I feel hypocritical making a case for cassel since it was pioli's choice to bring him in. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Exactly, I have never once seen him take a game on his back and win it nor accept blame after a loss.

The guy makes me sick.
    Cassel took the St. Louis game on his back just after having his appendix out. Just the first one that comes to mind. I have seen him do it more than once, as he tends to be a better QB when they are in a hurry up situation. I have also seen him make some very poor throws in late game situations.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Sign vick, he knows reids offense he can help speed the offensive players catch up, draft geno let him be groomed by reid (if reid wants geno) im not saying vicks the guy but he can help the offense plus has a chip on his shoulder and would allow geno to watch and not force him to be thrown in
    Vick is a very big reason Reid got fired and I may be wrong, but was benched for turning the ball over more than Cassel putting their poor defense in bad situations tha they could not over come.

I believe Vick was forced upon Andy Reid because he is not the style of QB for his West Coast Offense.

Given that, I love my dogs very much and can not respect anyone for kililng animals they way he and his friends did so I am strongly biased against him for that and will greatly be upset with Reid if he does reunite Vick with the Levenworth viewing area.

The mere thought of it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sign vick, he knows reids offense he can help speed the offensive players catch up, draft geno let him be groomed by reid (if reid wants geno) im not saying vicks the guy but he can help the offense plus has a chip on his shoulder and would allow geno to watch and not force him to be thrown in
    How did that work out last year for Reid with Vick? Vick is starting to be hurt a lot and not available.

Not really opposed to it just not sure it is a valid option. Vick is not big 6'0" and 215 lbs and will be 33 at start of next season so I fell he is close to the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is a clear example of you just hating Matt Cassel. Watch his post game interviews he says a number of times that it starts with him. I no you don't like him but be honest when giving your opinion. Just because he doesn't take all the blame up there after every loss like you think he should doesn't mean he's not accepting blame. I have yet to see one loss by this team that was all Matt Cassel's fault.
    Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Reid comes out and finds himself focusing on everything else in the offense BUT the qb & Jamaal Charles. After all the BS that happened with our recieving corps, not playing Breaston, dropped pass after dropped pass, lame blocking, poor route running etc etc...Don't sit in amazement when players face the wrath of a ticked off new coach, or if Dorsey starts ditching reciever after reciever trying to sort it out.

It's not all Cassel's fault. Keep in mind this past season was the season of "stand by coach" responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Cassel took the St. Louis game on his back just after having his appendix out. Just the first one that comes to mind. I have seen him do it more than once, as he tends to be a better QB when they are in a hurry up situation. I have also seen him make some very poor throws in late game situations.

Playing an average team and going 15/29 184 yards 1 td and 1 int is putting the team on your back?

Putting the team on your back is what Aaron rodgers did when his whole secondary went down with injuries in the super bowl, throwing for over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, or Ben Roethlesberger leading his team down with 2 minutes to go and winning the super bowl.

We never saw him do it this year. The times he has played well or did something positive it was usually against a horrible team, anyone remember when it took him 5 whole quarters to put up 13 points against Buffalo.

I have seen enough of that idiot. I can't wait until we cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is a clear example of you just hating Matt Cassel. Watch his post game interviews he says a number of times that it starts with him. I no you don't like him but be honest when giving your opinion. Just because he doesn't take all the blame up there after every loss like you think he should doesn't mean he's not accepting blame. I have yet to see one loss by this team that was all Matt Cassel's fault.

I didnt say every game, I said once. I dislike him because he was part of the worst offense I ahve ever seen this year. On top of that we paid him HUGE and i mean HUGE money. We invested YEARS into him and we find out he is a below average quarterback.

That is why I dislike him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Reid comes out and finds himself focusing on everything else in the offense BUT the qb & Jamaal Charles. After all the BS that happened with our recieving corps, not playing Breaston, dropped pass after dropped pass, lame blocking, poor route running etc etc...Don't sit in amazement when players face the wrath of a ticked off new coach, or if Dorsey starts ditching reciever after reciever trying to sort it out.

It's not all Cassel's fault. Keep in mind this past season was the season of "stand by coach" responsibility.

We have to make some kind of wager on this, we should of had bets on Pioli for this year.

You guys don't think the Steelers game was his fault? I really don't remember but didnt he not pick up a first down in the second half and then threw the losing INT? We scored 13 points and had no offensive production from Cassel.

The Cassel supporters will never die, the excuses still come flooding in. He sucked and you know it, he didn't get the job done. He didn't do what he was paid so much money to do.

Make whatever excuse you want, but that is the bottomline. He will be released this year, just like Pioli he will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I didnt say every game, I said once. I dislike him because he was part of the worst offense I ahve ever seen this year. On top of that we paid him HUGE and i mean HUGE money. We invested YEARS into him and we find out he is a below average quarterback.

That is why I dislike him.
    So you dislike every offensive player? Bowe? Correct me if I'm wrong but ever offensive player was also a part of this crappy offense.

And you said you had not once seen him accept blame. That's just not the truth he would always say it starts with him. All i ask is to be just a little fair and not say things that are just not true
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I don't believe cassel can lead this team, but a lot of QBs can't when you have OC who have the worst play calling and WR tip balls for easy INTs, BUT cassel is still terrible and we need a new QB

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast