Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1 more chance at QB?

Default 1 more chance at QB?

I know I will be crucified for bringing this up but is it too crazy to give Cassel one more chance? I won't argue that he has many flaws, but ... Did he truly get a chance to thrive? This past season has so many negatives that I don't think any QB would've thrived in this coaching carousel,daboll offense,inconsistent O line,change at center, etc... I'm not saying name him the starter but really give him a chance with a QB friendly head coach. I definitley would bring in fa's and draft a QB for competition and possibly our new franchise QB but I not sure we should just run him out of town yet. I think the circus act we've had for the past 4 years is why many QB's and coaches past us up! Nobody wants to build on a chaotic program with such a tyrant as the gm. Now that we might have one of the greatest football minds in place, we might have a real chance to evaluate our QB talent. I must admit tho, I feel hypocritical making a case for cassel since it was pioli's choice to bring him in. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I saw your response in another post. Regardless of who we get they are gonna have to beat out Matt cassel unless of course he is cut which means we will have to bring in another veteran QB. Who know who the eff that could be.

He will be gone. Pioli is gone, now Cassel remains.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    He is a flat passing, noodle armed, non accurate QB.
    What is Tyler Palko up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    Matt Cassel was under a lot of pressure last season, he had to look over his shoulder, cause RAC 1st round pick needed another shot in the NFL. (Brady Quinn). Matts WRs could not handle the ball. O-line looked sketchey, and coaching was a mess. Plus he had yet another OC.
    I'm very undecided if I would like to see what he can do at the QB position this coming season.
    But Andy Reid is known for his ability to help the QB, and Matt Cassel seems like he's a good fit for Reids system. Plus I can't help but notice the stats KC CHIEFS put up in the begining of the season. They were neck in neck with a lot of teams in Yards per game. and many other stats, I believe the turnovers lost us the majority of games.

I trust in Reids decision on who will start at QB. The man has a lot of talent to work with, and he gets the pick of the litter in every round of the 2013 draft.

GO CHIEFS

Alot of those stats came in garbage time.

I REALLY want to see Cassel gone! For me, he has worn out his welcome. That said, I'm not confident that there is a QB in the draft that can start for an NFL team right off the bat.

So it seems to me that we have to have a veteran QB on the team at least for next year. Quinn? Cassel? Can't say either one pleases me much.

Ultimately, Reid is going to want the very best QB he can get and if he feels that Cassel is the best he can get for next year then I can live with that. Not very happily, but I'm pretty sure Reid realizes how much we need a good QB and will do everything he can to get us one.

I don't like it, but on this one I think I just have to trust Reid's judgement

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Exactly, I have never once seen him take a game on his back and win it nor accept blame after a loss.

The guy makes me sick.

This is a clear example of you just hating Matt Cassel. Watch his post game interviews he says a number of times that it starts with him. I no you don't like him but be honest when giving your opinion. Just because he doesn't take all the blame up there after every loss like you think he should doesn't mean he's not accepting blame. I have yet to see one loss by this team that was all Matt Cassel's fault.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I REALLY want to see Cassel gone! For me, he has worn out his welcome. That said, I'm not confident that there is a QB in the draft that can start for an NFL team right off the bat.

So it seems to me that we have to have a veteran QB on the team at least for next year. Quinn? Cassel? Can't say either one pleases me much.

Ultimately, Reid is going to want the very best QB he can get and if he feels that Cassel is the best he can get for next year then I can live with that. Not very happily, but I'm pretty sure Reid realizes how much we need a good QB and will do everything he can to get us one.

I don't like it, but on this one I think I just have to trust Reid's judgement
    I'm in the same boat. Cassel hasn't done anything to keep the job But if Reid thinks he can work with Cassel I will trust Reid
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Sign vick, he knows reids offense he can help speed the offensive players catch up, draft geno let him be groomed by reid (if reid wants geno) im not saying vicks the guy but he can help the offense plus has a chip on his shoulder and would allow geno to watch and not force him to be thrown in

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Sign vick, he knows reids offense he can help speed the offensive players catch up, draft geno let him be groomed by reid (if reid wants geno) im not saying vicks the guy but he can help the offense plus has a chip on his shoulder and would allow geno to watch and not force him to be thrown in
    I read ya; I just don't like the guy and, yeah, it's because of his dog fighting conviction. I guess at the end of the day though, in the grand scheme of things, when all the smoke clears and the dust settles if bringing him in to get the offense going gets us to "the promised land" then, as a Chiefs fan, I'd just have to grin and baer it.

...Not that I'd ever have a say in the matter.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. I just think that at least for next year we will have to have a veteran QB on the Roster. I'd have no problem with Vick and I can live with Cassel if Reid feels that is the way we have to go in the short run.

QB is our biggest single problem and I just don't see a Luck or RGIII available in the draft. So I think we just have to trust Reid on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I read ya; I just don't like the guy and, yeah, it's because of his dog fighting conviction. I guess at the end of the day though, in the grand scheme of things, when all the smoke clears and the dust settles if bringing him in to get the offense going gets us to "the promised land" then, as a Chiefs fan, I'd just have to grin and baer it.

...Not that I'd ever have a say in the matter.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast