Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 more chance at QB?

Default 1 more chance at QB?

I know I will be crucified for bringing this up but is it too crazy to give Cassel one more chance? I won't argue that he has many flaws, but ... Did he truly get a chance to thrive? This past season has so many negatives that I don't think any QB would've thrived in this coaching carousel,daboll offense,inconsistent O line,change at center, etc... I'm not saying name him the starter but really give him a chance with a QB friendly head coach. I definitley would bring in fa's and draft a QB for competition and possibly our new franchise QB but I not sure we should just run him out of town yet. I think the circus act we've had for the past 4 years is why many QB's and coaches past us up! Nobody wants to build on a chaotic program with such a tyrant as the gm. Now that we might have one of the greatest football minds in place, we might have a real chance to evaluate our QB talent. I must admit tho, I feel hypocritical making a case for cassel since it was pioli's choice to bring him in. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I don't see any way he comes back with the same contract. He is either getting cut or restructuring. With a reasonable contract, I wouldn't mind him here under a legit competition, or purely as a backup.
    I agree with you, but to Be honest, there are so many Chiefs Fans that just want him gone. Andy will be walking a thin line just for retaining Cassel and if he happens to Start him opening day due to how things progress in the off season. He will speed up his honey moon status with many disgruntled fans and be on the hot seat quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I agree with you, but to Be honest, there are so many Chiefs Fans that just want him gone. Andy will be walking a thin line just for retaining Cassel and if he happens to Start him opening day due to how things progress in the off season. He will speed up his honey moon status with many disgruntled fans and be on the hot seat quick.
    Or we can hope that Andy Reid's analysis of a QB holds more water than Scott Pioli's and fans will take him for his word. It sounded as if he fully is gonna give Cassel a shot. Reid even commented on the revolving door of OCs.

He is scheduled to make $7,500,000 this years not the $10+ million reported still a lot. Check out all salaries here

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    He is scheduled to make $7,500,000 this years not the $10+ million reported still a lot. Check out all salaries here
    Awesome link. Thanks. Interesting to see JC is making so little $$$. I mean Studebaker is freaking making more than him next year?!

Yes but last year and year before last JC made over $3,250,000 each so it was front loaded but still not enough for what he is to this team and we do not know what incentives he has, he had $1,583,333 this year so total of 4,833,333, the chart is just base pay.
    Last edited by N TX Dave; 01-10-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LargoChief View Post
    Tough call, he's a nice guy, dealt with a lot of change and in reality who wouldn't do crappy with Todd Haley as your coworker. The whole cap hit issue sucks but I have been beyond pissed way too many times this year to not want a change. Sometimes in life it just doesn't work, kinda like that ex you think might be worth another chance but whether it be due to past issues or the inability to truly change, it just doesn't happen. Go chiefs!
    +1. He's not a bad guy. I'd think that keeping Cassel would create a lot of negative drama that we just don't need. Sometimes a change of scenery is what's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    +1. He's not a bad guy. I'd think that keeping Cassel would create a lot of negative drama that we just don't need. Sometimes a change of scenery is what's needed.

Agree, I think that's the case here. Just look at how the fans have acted towards Cassel this year. I don't see anyway they can really bring him back
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Like I said. Let him compete for the 3rd string job and he can mentor from there. We need 1 more servicable QB and one starting QB.

I think he would probably be good for a backup.

i think if he redid his contract then i would love for matt to stay on the team, he's a big cap hit if we keep him and a big one if we cut him so it's either way, i'd rather have him restructure his deal, and have him compete with whoever we get in FA and draft. Matt has killer work ethic and everyone says he's a hardcore film guy studying. I personally think he's got a raw deal in KC and he still could be good, but i'm sure if we didn't bring in LEGIT competition for him and he stepped out onto the field as our starter next year there would be a riot. But if we get GOOD competition for him and he does win it then i trust reid.

Anyway the ball rolls or who we get i trust reid.. Go Chiefs

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast