Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1 more chance at QB?

Default 1 more chance at QB?

I know I will be crucified for bringing this up but is it too crazy to give Cassel one more chance? I won't argue that he has many flaws, but ... Did he truly get a chance to thrive? This past season has so many negatives that I don't think any QB would've thrived in this coaching carousel,daboll offense,inconsistent O line,change at center, etc... I'm not saying name him the starter but really give him a chance with a QB friendly head coach. I definitley would bring in fa's and draft a QB for competition and possibly our new franchise QB but I not sure we should just run him out of town yet. I think the circus act we've had for the past 4 years is why many QB's and coaches past us up! Nobody wants to build on a chaotic program with such a tyrant as the gm. Now that we might have one of the greatest football minds in place, we might have a real chance to evaluate our QB talent. I must admit tho, I feel hypocritical making a case for cassel since it was pioli's choice to bring him in. Lol!

fairladyZ I agree with you on this. Even if we draft Geno people don't think he is ready to start right off the bat, so if Cassel can beat the other QB (who ever that is) he starts the season and teaches Geno work ethics and team play (mentors him) and turn it over to Geno after the bye or whenever Reid thinks he is ready. Reid is going to bring in competition at the QB we do not know who it is at this time but if Reid thinks Cassel is the best option I will go along with Reid, he knows a lot more than we do about QBs in here, as much as we don't think so sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    If we draft 2 QB you need a veteran around till the rookies are ready and to help teach them. If we do get Geno he needs a mentor and Cassel would make a good mentor because of his team first attitude and work ethic. I think Cassel will make a good coach in the future. Now do I want him as our savior next year HE11 NO. Anyhow in Andy I trust the QB situation if he wants to keep him around fine.
    team first? Cassel never accepts blame for anything. He grades out perfectly. Please. I wouldn't want him trying to ruin our fresh new rookies. Get him the hell out of KC as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    team first? Cassel never accepts blame for anything. He grades out perfectly. Please. I wouldn't want him trying to ruin our fresh new rookies. Get him the hell out of KC as fast as possible.
    I read ya man, but who is going to pick up his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I read ya man, but who is going to pick up his contract?
    who cares. release him

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    Matt Cassel was under a lot of pressure last season, he had to look over his shoulder, cause RAC 1st round pick needed another shot in the NFL. (Brady Quinn). Matts WRs could not handle the ball. O-line looked sketchey, and coaching was a mess. Plus he had yet another OC.
    I'm very undecided if I would like to see what he can do at the QB position this coming season.
    But Andy Reid is known for his ability to help the QB, and Matt Cassel seems like he's a good fit for Reids system. Plus I can't help but notice the stats KC CHIEFS put up in the begining of the season. They were neck in neck with a lot of teams in Yards per game. and many other stats, I believe the turnovers lost us the majority of games.

I trust in Reids decision on who will start at QB. The man has a lot of talent to work with, and he gets the pick of the litter in every round of the 2013 draft.

GO CHIEFS

Does Andy Reid's offense consist of dink and dunk? How does Cassel fit Reid's offense? Cassel has one of the lowest YPA in the league, it has been that way since he has been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post

Exactly, I have never once seen him take a game on his back and win it nor accept blame after a loss.

The guy makes me sick.

I cant believe we have people here, after seeing the worst offense in the league still want to give Cassel another chance.

It's just mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I cant believe we have people here, after seeing the worst offense in the league still want to give Cassel another chance.

It's just mind boggling.
    Did you listen at to Andy Reid on the Jim Rome show. And then to Clark and Andy on the radio yesterday. Andy Reid said Matt has the talent, he's had six playbooks in 6 years of course he's not consistent. He's gonna give Matt a try i hate to be the bearer of bad news. Then they both went on to say, and this is local radio not national mind you, that there is no clear cut number one QB. That's straight from the horses mouth.

So, PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, what if Andy Reid says Matt is our guy?????

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post

It's just mind boggling.
    I saw your response in another post. Regardless of who we get they are gonna have to beat out Matt cassel unless of course he is cut which means we will have to bring in another veteran QB. Who know who the eff that could be.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Did you listen at to Andy Reid on the Jim Rome show. And then to Clark and Andy on the radio yesterday. Andy Reid said Matt has the talent, he's had six playbooks in 6 years of course he's not consistent. He's gonna give Matt a try i hate to be the bearer of bad news. Then they both went on to say, and this is local radio not national mind you, that there is no clear cut number one QB. That's straight from the horses mouth.

So, PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, what if Andy Reid says Matt is our guy?????

He is a flat passing, noodle armed, non accurate QB. I assure you he will be released.

And if he isn't I will declare war yet again on this franchise, as I did with the Pioli regime.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast