Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 1 more chance at QB?

Default 1 more chance at QB?

I know I will be crucified for bringing this up but is it too crazy to give Cassel one more chance? I won't argue that he has many flaws, but ... Did he truly get a chance to thrive? This past season has so many negatives that I don't think any QB would've thrived in this coaching carousel,daboll offense,inconsistent O line,change at center, etc... I'm not saying name him the starter but really give him a chance with a QB friendly head coach. I definitley would bring in fa's and draft a QB for competition and possibly our new franchise QB but I not sure we should just run him out of town yet. I think the circus act we've had for the past 4 years is why many QB's and coaches past us up! Nobody wants to build on a chaotic program with such a tyrant as the gm. Now that we might have one of the greatest football minds in place, we might have a real chance to evaluate our QB talent. I must admit tho, I feel hypocritical making a case for cassel since it was pioli's choice to bring him in. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Hillis, McCluster, Maneri.....

Shoot, just about any offensive player outside of Bowe and Charles. I'll give a pass to Moeaki.

Jake O'connell. It's funny how every player we want canned on offense is from Scott Pioli.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No I admit when others make mistakes, the problem is Cassel has been the biggest make for this franchise.
    Like when

The balls go off our WRs hands and get picked you yell
    about Cassel

The d sucks in games you claim Cassel should overcome that then use d as a defense for geno losing.

Very rarely you talk about mistakes others make but you jump on EVERY cassel mistake

You said the Steelers loss was Cassel's fault for the pick never once mentioned the missed field goal that would have won the game in regulation
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Like when

about Cassel

The d sucks in games you claim Cassel should overcome that then use d as a defense for geno losing.

Very rarely you talk about mistakes others make but you jump on EVERY cassel mistake

You said the Steelers loss was Cassel's fault for the pick never once mentioned the missed field goal that would have won the game in regulation

Yes, like the pick 6 Cassel throws when he throws it 3 yards behind Moaeki, Moaeki gets his hands on it and its supposedly Moaeki's fault. Or how about the time Cassel throws a 2 yard crossing route to Jamaal Charles against San Diego, Jamaal gets hit hard and gets hurt. THE VERY NEXT PLAY HE THROWS THE SAME 2 YARD CROSSING ROUTE TO DEX, DEX IS ABOUT TO GET KILLED, and you can tell he is scared, he should be because he is about to get lit up.

It's the same dumb **** Cassel does every game. I jump on Cassel because he is the one collecting the dough. You don't pay a special teams player 60 Million dollars. You are paid 60 million dollars because the franchise has invested their hope in you, to win games and put the team on your back, something Cassel has never done.

I dont make up excuse for Geno's losses, I have always brought up his numbers against good competition, that is the important thing. He has ability and can learn.

But back to Cassel and nevermind his record. Why does he only average 148 yards against playoff teams? Why his is rating a dismal 66 against those teams? Why weren't we a pass first team? Even under Weiss we were run heavy in a passing league. Was it because of Cassel's lack of ability?

The excuses for Cassel need to be put to rest, he didn't get the job done.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 01-16-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Yes, like the pick 6 Cassel throws when he throws it 3 yards behind Moaeki, Moaeki gets his hands on it and its supposedly Moaeki's fault. Or how about the time Cassel throws a 2 yard crossing route to Jamaal Charles against San Diego, Jamaal gets hit hard and gets hurt. THE VERY NEXT PLAY HE THROWS THE SAME 2 YARD CROSSING ROUTE TO DEX, DEX IS ABOUT TO GET KILLED, and you can tell he is scared, he should be because he is about to get lit up.

It's the same dumb **** Cassel does every game. I jump on Cassel because he is the one collecting the dough. You don't pay a special teams player 60 Million dollars. You are paid 60 million dollars because the franchise has invested their hope in you, to win games and put the team on your back, something Cassel has never done.

I dont make up excuse for Geno's losses, I have always brought up his numbers against good competition, that is the important thing. He has ability and can learn.

But back to Cassel and nevermind his record. Why does he only average 148 yards against playoff teams? Why his is rating a dismal 66 against those teams? Why weren't we a pass first team? Even under Weiss we were run heavy in a passing league. Was it because of Cassel's lack of ability?

The excuses for Cassel need to be put to rest, he didn't get the job done.
    I agree Cassel didn't get the job done but that doesn't mean everyone else gets a hall pass.

The Tampa game Bowe gets outplayed by our BACKUP TE BACKUP Where were you getting on Bowe? Or the season opener when Bowe gets outplayed By Mccluster Where were you getting on Bowe then. Why can't you say that missed field goal hurt us in the Steelers game? Instead it's Cassel lost the game. Where were you when our O line gave up 10 sacks in 2 games? When our defense has sucked And it did OFTEN where are you to yell about that? Instead it's Cassel should put the team on his back. All these guys get paid a good amount of money. They are paid to do there jobs. SO often they didn't unlike you I won't give them a hall pass because Cassel sucked. I bring up the whole story not just a part of it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I agree Cassel didn't get the job done but that doesn't mean everyone else gets a hall pass.
    Sums it up perfectly to me.

We have to make some kind of wager on this, we should of had bets on Pioli for this year.

Okay, so what's the wager? No, I'm not going to think it up for you.

You guys don't think the Steelers game was his fault? I really don't remember but didnt he not pick up a first down in the second half and then threw the losing INT? We scored 13 points and had no offensive production from Cassel.

In the post you quoted I was referring to the season as a whole. But now that you bring it up, are you saying there were no dropped passes, incorrectly run routes or missed blocks by the recievers during the Steelers game?

The Cassel supporters will never die, the excuses still come flooding in. He sucked and you know it, he didn't get the job done. He didn't do what he was paid so much money to do.

Yeah, I've supported Cassel before in posts. The man was getting bashed the second his foot hit the ground at Arrowhead. But if Cassel was such a poor qb, and everyone else was so much better (coaching included) why wasn't he yanked sooner? They put in Brady Quinn and the only difference I saw was the number on the uniform and that Quinn threw about six inches lower (at first.) After a game or two Quinn was right back to throwing the ball too high, into triple coverage and staring his recievers down. I'll let the Indy game be my "exhibit A" on that one.

Make whatever excuse you want, but that is the bottomline. He will be released this year, just like Pioli he will be gone.
    2012 KC Coaching & GM have gone bye-bye. Cassel still remains. That's saying something. It wasn't ALL his fault. I've said it before I'll say it again, Cassel is probably gone, if anything to avoid the negative reaction from the haters out there. Maybe a change of scenery would be the best thing for everyone.

Like when

about Cassel

You don't think signing a qb to a 6 year deal and investing so much in him wasnt the biggest mistake?

He was THE guy for Pioli, collecting all that cash, so yes I hold him more responsible than anyone else. It is up to him to offset mistakes and win games, and he didn't. He failed.

It's posts like these that have given Cassel a free pass the past 4 seasons, no one ever wanted to hold him accountable for anything. Other positions that don't work out are not near as important as the quarterback position.

I want everyone that can't contribute gone. That includes Baldwin, Cassel, Newsome, Quinn, Tyson Jackson, Hillis, Arenas and so on.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 01-16-2013 at 10:33 PM.

You don't think signing a qb to a 6 year deal and investing so much in him wasnt the biggest mistake?

He was THE guy for Pioli, collecting all that cash, so yes I hold him more responsible than anyone else. It is up to him to offset mistakes and win games, and he didn't. He failed.

It's posts like these that have given Cassel a free pass the past 4 seasons, no one ever wanted to hold him accountable for anything. Other positions that don't work out are not near as important as the quarterback position.

I want everyone that can't contribute gone. That includes Baldwin, Cassel, Newsome, Quinn, Tyson Jackson, Hillis, Arenas and so on.
    If you go by that one post sure you could say that.

But I have more then 1 post like starting this thread
    Time for me to do some hating on the QB - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Where I have gone after Cassel. Go back and look at game threads I have gone after Cassel on those to. I have said we need a QB countless times. I get it Cassel sucks. But he's not alone and I go after everyone the same. Our D sucks I say the d sucks not how dare cassel not "put the team on his back" or rant on and on about that darn qb holding us back and how much better we would be "With a real QB" I also take into account the horrible coaching staff Cassel had to deal with. I look at the whole picture not just one part of it.

I agree with the players you listed with the exception of Baldwin I think we should give him that 3rd season to see what hes got now that we have a real coaching staff
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678