Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 more chance at QB?

Default 1 more chance at QB?

I know I will be crucified for bringing this up but is it too crazy to give Cassel one more chance? I won't argue that he has many flaws, but ... Did he truly get a chance to thrive? This past season has so many negatives that I don't think any QB would've thrived in this coaching carousel,daboll offense,inconsistent O line,change at center, etc... I'm not saying name him the starter but really give him a chance with a QB friendly head coach. I definitley would bring in fa's and draft a QB for competition and possibly our new franchise QB but I not sure we should just run him out of town yet. I think the circus act we've had for the past 4 years is why many QB's and coaches past us up! Nobody wants to build on a chaotic program with such a tyrant as the gm. Now that we might have one of the greatest football minds in place, we might have a real chance to evaluate our QB talent. I must admit tho, I feel hypocritical making a case for cassel since it was pioli's choice to bring him in. Lol!

No flame here. I've heard they stand to take a big cap hit if they release him.

If Charlie Weis could get a productive season from him, then one would think Reid could also.

Cassel's problem is his track record against teams with winning records. I just can't see him being a Chief after 2013, as it's already been established that he doesn't have consistency when it comes to throwing the football.

I think we are going to see a similar situation to the 1999 iggles. Whomever we draft will end up the starter but I think full well he gives Cassel a shot.

I just think all of the QB failures are not all on the QB if that doesn't sound too crazy. Lol!

As I stated throughout the season Cassel took way to much blame for this season. The D was terrible a good amount of the year (Atlanta, Buffalo,Tampa,Chargers twice,Browns yes they had a good half but theres a 2nd half,Cincy,Denver @denver) That's half the year. SO many wanted to ignore that but I don't We had a coaching staff whos playcalling was being laughed at by commentators we had Wrs having balls hit them in the hands and tip them to defenders. There was so much outside the QB spot that went wrong for Cassel to get the blame for the season. When you have all those problems you have to point at the coaching staff and say they were the biggest problem. They didn't put 1 player in a spot to do well Cassel included

Now that being said Cassel has to take his blame as well. He has had time to show that he can be the guy. He has had a chance to show that he can do something and hasn't really besides 2010. He regressed it's time to take the cap hit and move on IMO. He just hasn't done enough to get anther shot.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He can compete for the third string job IMO.

I'm down for Matt with o-line help and some frikin Arial weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I'm down for Matt with o-line help and some frikin Arial weapons.
    I get so upset at our WR's as a group I watch other teams and wonder why they make so many good catches and ours can't even make standard catches when the ball hits them in the hands.

Matt needs to go to the Pee-Wee leagues! My 11 year old daughter has a stronger and more consistent arm then Cassel!!! And I'm not joking at ALL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    Matt needs to go to the Pee-Wee leagues! My 11 year old daughter has a stronger and more consistent arm then Cassel!!! And I'm not joking at ALL!!!!!

this is a joke right. cassel has got to go nobody will ever win a superbowl with him. should we bring tyler thigpen and brodie croyle in to back him up to.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast