Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andy Reid fan from Philly

Default Andy Reid fan from Philly

Hello all. I'm new here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a huge Andy Reid fan from Philly, and having been disappointed in the way the Philadelphia media and fan base had treated him for 14 years, I guess that makes me a Chiefs fan. Still an Eagles fan, so I guess I'm just fortunate to have two favorite teams now. I look forward to studying and getting to know your team in the off season and watching the Chiefs play this fall. I hope to learn a little more about the players on this site and maybe I can share some info and insight with regard to coach Reid, who I know a lot about. Go Chiefs!

Yeah Matt Nagy is a really under the radar guy. I know he was a nobody QB who was in training camp a few years back and I don't think he ever made the team but has been on the staff.

When Reid first came to Philly he had a lot of young, bright, up and coming coaches on his staff and it worked. Then in the later years it seemed like he was bringing in veteran coaches and it didn't. He might be trying to do it the way he initially did in Philly, by identifying bright, young, energetic guys like Nagy and Pederson. Don't forget, Reid himself will pretty run the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Arrowheadpride.com is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    Yeah Matt Nagy is a really under the radar guy. I know he was a nobody QB who was in training camp a few years back and I don't think he ever made the team but has been on the staff.

When Reid first came to Philly he had a lot of young, bright, up and coming coaches on his staff and it worked. Then in the later years it seemed like he was bringing in veteran coaches and it didn't. He might be trying to do it the way he initially did in Philly, by identifying bright, young, energetic guys like Nagy and Pederson. Don't forget, Reid himself will pretty run the offense.
    Then what role will Childress play. Putting pederson on a short leash it would seem.

And man I can barely stand it when it comes to DC must be a positional coach in the playoffs I guess. I really hope he doesn't bring the 70 yr old kiffin in. You know of any other ties he may have to this position.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Then what role will Childress play. Putting pederson on a short leash it would seem.

And man I can barely stand it when it comes to DC must be a positional coach in the playoffs I guess. I really hope he doesn't bring the 70 yr old kiffin in. You know of any other ties he may have to this position.
    I have heard the cowgirls are interested in kiffin.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I have heard the cowgirls are interested in kiffin.
    All I'm gonna say is thank god Jerry jones is not Jerry jones

I am so glad to see the Chiefs step up, go after, and land a high reputation coach. Here in the past it seems they have gotten coaches that were conveneitly available (Crennel), no head coaching experience (Haley) or no proven track record (Crennel, Edwards). I applaud Clark Hunt for his efforts in wanting to change the culture of this team. From a losing and just getting by culture to a winning culture. Even when he hired Pioli, even though it didn't work out, it showed me that he wanted to change the attitude of the Chiefs organization. And by following up with the Reid hire it just confirms it in my mind.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Yeah Nigeriannightmare, "Short leash". That's a good way to put it. He might believe that the young, up and coming guy (Pederson) had more upside than the old vet (Childress) and wants to give him a shot, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a plan B. He did the same thing with bringing Todd Bowles, former interim head coach of the Dolphins, to be the secondary coach last year, so that if he had to fire Juan Castillo he had a plan B. So, he knows that Childress can run his offense. He thinks that Pederson can run it better, but he won't be sure until he does it. If it doesn't work, then plan B is already in place.

Defensive coordinator is the tricky part. The answers to your question would have been Ron Rivera, head coach of the Panthers, who was rumored to have been close to getting fired, and if so was lined up and ready to go to be Reid's DC and also Steve Spagnulo. Spagnulo was brilliant as the DC of the Giants when they beat the Patriots, but bombed as head coach of the Rams and is with the Saints now. However, he's under contract with them and the Saints defense wasn't so good this year, so he might have lost it.

Those are the two obvious ones. They're both part of the Andy Reid coaching tree, but neither of them appears to be going anywhere. So we're looking at a surprise. I'm sure he has something in mind. But it'll probably be a surprise to the rest of us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123