Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid fan from Philly

Default Andy Reid fan from Philly

Hello all. I'm new here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a huge Andy Reid fan from Philly, and having been disappointed in the way the Philadelphia media and fan base had treated him for 14 years, I guess that makes me a Chiefs fan. Still an Eagles fan, so I guess I'm just fortunate to have two favorite teams now. I look forward to studying and getting to know your team in the off season and watching the Chiefs play this fall. I hope to learn a little more about the players on this site and maybe I can share some info and insight with regard to coach Reid, who I know a lot about. Go Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    One more thing, about the last two years. Reid had a couple of bad drafts in between the glory years and the most recent draft. This is a big reason why they were bad the last two seasons. However, owner Jeff Lurie hinted in his news conference where he released coach Reid, that former head of operations Joe Banner had a lot to do with picking the players in those drafts and that in the most recent draft Reid and new GM Roseman picked the players. As bad as the Eagles were this last season, their rookie class was the best of any I've ever seen all my years following the Eagles, and I go back to the Dick Vermeil era in the late 70s. This was a monster rookie class. Whatever he did to address how he drafts players, it worked. But several other poor drafts prior to that, that Banner supposedly had more to do with, resulted in not having enough guys in their prime.
    Love your input! Welcome to the crowd!

Question? How are the Philly fans (I only know what I read, and it's never good lol). But I'm sure the few bad ones make everyone else look bad. I only ask b/c KC plays in Philly next year and I'd love to make it out there for the game.

They are everything you read about in the national media. I'm a Philly fan, and I like to think that I'm OK, and I like to think my friends are OK, but yeah, what you read in the media is 100% correct about most of 'em.

Do NOT wear your Chiefs jersey. Not trying to scare ya, but you literally would be putting your life on the line. A Bulls fan was shot on the subway after a Sixers game for wearing a Bulls jersey a couple weeks ago. People get assaulted all the time for that type of thing.

That having been said, the Linc is a great stadium. Philly cheesesteaks are awesome! Go to the game. Enjoy the game. Just don't wear Chiefs stuff and keep the cheering to a minimum and you'll have a good time.

They are everything you read about in the national media. I'm a Philly fan, and I like to think that I'm OK, and I like to think my friends are OK, but yeah, what you read in the media is 100% correct about most of 'em.

Do NOT wear your Chiefs jersey. Not trying to scare ya, but you literally would be putting your life on the line. A Bulls fan was shot on the subway after a Sixers game for wearing a Bulls jersey a couple weeks ago. People get assaulted all the time for that type of thing.

That having been said, the Linc is a great stadium. Philly cheesesteaks are awesome! Go to the game. Enjoy the game. Just don't wear Chiefs stuff and keep the cheering to a minimum and you'll have a good time.
    I'll probably just stay home then...Save my money. Thanks for the input.

Cool to have you on board. I truly appreciate your insight as to Reid-isms and what really went down. I think that is cool of you to contribute.

Welcome to the forum, Francisco! We'll definitely appreciate your insight to Reid.

Is there a good sports news source that anyone has a link for? I found the Kansas City Star. Is there anything else? I'm used to a million articles/day being written about the Eagles in the Philly media. Not that they always do good job writing them, but the quantity sure is there.

Is there a good sports news source that anyone has a link for? I found the Kansas City Star. Is there anything else? I'm used to a million articles/day being written about the Eagles in the Philly media. Not that they always do good job writing them, but the quantity sure is there.
    Not gonna happen here. Which is why i think you will see a rebirth of Andy Reid in KC he won't have the media to even remotely worry about it.

Francisco a quick question for you. What do you think about Matt Nagy. I see he has had ties to the eagles for some time now and is offensive quality coach? Maybe wrong on that one. What does he bring to the table as we are in dire need of a good QB coach.

Arrowheadpride.com is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Arrowheadpride.com is pretty good.
    I will 2nd that I read it daily, I do not read most of the comments because they are the same as in here and I have never added a comment.

There is also a Facebook group called chiefs crowd that is pretty active.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast