Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM Search

Default GM Search

I havent heard much news on the GM search listed here, so I thought I would throw in some info that I have heard.

It sounds like we interviewed the guy from Green Bay, John Dorsey. All the analysts are expecting that he will get the job.

The other guy being talked about is Tom Heckert, who was the GM in Philadelphia and most recently in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    May not be Thompson's words exactly but i like the way you put it.

And the Chiefs seriously need scouting and talent evaluation excellence to be sure. Not sure if its simply just not much talent or if some of it was simply bad coaching and atmosphere around Arrowhead. I'm going w/ a combo of the two.
    So am I. A combo of both.

Dorsey did a lot of scouting for the Pack & one would have to believe had much to do with Packers being able to continually bring serviceable players to fill in for the rash of injured starters. Of course, having Aaron Rodgers and their coaching staff doesn't hurt.

And I know that Thompson did use the exact words regarding the draft "it isn't about fantasy football".

I personally had been hoping for a Ted Thompson disciple to become the new Chiefs GM. Look what John Schneider has done in Seattle since he took over in 2010 as the Hawks GM. He just smoked Pioli's a$$ in that time span when came to hitting on draft choices in rounds 2 through 7.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-10-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12