Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com says Doug Pederson new OC

Hybrid View

Default NFL.com says Doug Pederson new OC

From nfl.com,

For most of his run in Philadelphia, Andy Reid did a nice job identifying and grooming coaching talent. So perhaps we shouldn't be surprised Reid has tabbed a first-time coordinator to run his offense with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Adam Caplan of Sirius XM NFL radio reports that Doug Pederson has joined Reid's staff as offensive coordinator. Alex Marvez of FoxSports also reported the story. Pederson, best known in his playing career as Brett Favre's backup in Green Bay, was Reid's quarterbacks coach in Philadelphia. He helped develop Nick Foles in 2012. Pederson was also Reid's starter in Philadelphia in 1999.
    Pederson's hire indicates the Chiefs will run the same West Coast offense that Reid used in Philadelphia. Pederson also played in the system.

I don't have any complaints about this. It was gonna be Reid's offense whether it was Pederson, Morningwheg, Shurmer, Childress, etc... it was gonna be all the same either way. So we got the younger, more energetic, up and coming guy.

Also the jets old d cordinator is gonna have the job here

Bob sutton. Says he was on the staff for 13 years there. Idk much about him what you guys think

I don't know much about Bob Sutton. I know that their defense was ranked 8th with Revis out almost half of the year, which means that they had very little talent and still managed to be ranked 8th in the NFL. That's the good news. The bad news is that he was the LBs coach, and they were not getting any sacks from their LBs in a 3-4 scheme, so you have to wonder about that.

Sutton has been with the Jets for 13 years. He started off as the linebackers coach for five years before becoming the defensive coordinator for two years. Rex Ryan kept him when he was hired in 2009, becoming an senior defensive assistant / linebackers coach. In 2012, he was made assistant head coach / linebackers coach.

coutesy arrowhead pride
    Last edited by chiefnut; 01-11-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: forgot source
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

So far only the Bienemy hire bothers me. Didn't seem to do well I'm CO, and I read that AP didn't excel as much under him in MN.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Well if you are only dissatisfied with one new coach that is not bad especially the RB coach, just how much coaching does Charles need?

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well if you are only dissatisfied with one new coach that is not bad especially the RB coach, just how much coaching does Charles need?
    The only coaching he will need will be to be more involved as a receiver. As a pure RB all you have to do is hand him the football. He pretty much does the rest. I'm counting on Reid to have a bigger role in mind for JC than he had this past year. An offensive scheme that thinks about "how do you get JC into the secondary?" is going to score a lot of points.

I saw Daboll signed with the Patriots. GL to him. I'm glad Hunt is finally taking initiative to build a better team.

Andy Reid has said that he will be calling the plays. I didnt see this posted anywhere else, so I thought I would throw it up here.

Andy Reid -- Kansas City Chiefs to keep 3-4 defense, he'll call offense - ESPN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast